Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Guess what happened at church today................

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:40 PM
  • 18 Replies

OMG! I got to church early today and decided to sit in my car for a few minutes before going in. While sitting there waiting a car tried to park next to me and hit another car while trying to pull in the narrow space. I looked over and saw that it was a lady I know. Our kids are in the same class together. I thought to myself "she will definitely leave a note on the car" I decided to get out of the car and go into church..... just then I see her walking over to the car and she said to me "did I leave a mark on the car, I don't think so" OMG she scratched the heck out of the car! I didn't know what to say so I shrugged my shoulders and went into church. She never left a note or anything. I was shocked this woman is so sweet and so nice.

I can't believe this woman hit a car in the church parking lot then went into church and acted like nothing happened. Worst of all I feel like crap for not leaving a note myself since I saw it happen. I didn't know what to do because I know this woman and she is truly a nice lady. I was so torn as what to do and I feel so bad now.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gracielullaby
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:43 PM

If there happened to be other people in the lot that might have seen it, I would have written an anonymous note and left it on the car she hit.

baly2001
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:43 PM

|I would say something next time I saw the other car.

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:45 PM

That is horrible... I would say something.... because someone hit DH's new jeep a couple of weeks ago and did $1700+ in damage and just left... smashed lights and all :(

motherhood-quote21

Stefanie - Mommy to Liam Patrick 07/07 (IUGR) and Molly Kate 06/08 (IUGR, Pre-Natal Stroke, Developmental Delays, and Failure to Thrive) and Wife to Mark since 2/17/2006

brittjohnson

I coach upward cheerleading at my church & last year while at a practice someone hit the back of my car, left a HUGE dent and didnt feel the need to let me know about it. so i would let the lady know the next time you saw her or even call her up and tell her about it.

amymarie0315

If I parked my car in a parking lot, I would want someone to leave a note (anonymously or not) telling me who did it and how I can contact them.

Sirenabella
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:46 PM

I would say something. I've had my car damaged in the parking lot. Nobody said anything and it cost a little over $1000 to fix.

DakotaRose
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:47 PM

If she were truely a nice woman, she would have owned up to her mistake.... I would let the other car owner know who messed up their car.

Tae
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:47 PM

I would call your pastor and let him know. He may know who owned the car. Just tell him, you thought the woman would leave a note, and you didn't find out until it was too late that she didn't. That way, your conscience is clear, and you've done all you can

myboy28
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:50 PM

family carI would expect for another christian to have enough "Integrity" to stand up for what is right. Personally I would have put a note on the vehicle, and put my name on it, along with what you saw what transpired. "Integrity" is what we do whether with witnesses or not. Search your heart, and do what is best. Thanks for being so open to share.

Lady Bugs
Stephsmom1996
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:50 PM

After church I was walking to my car and saw the lady drive off. I have no idea who she is. I have never seen her before. I know her car was silver but I don't what kind of car it was. I feel so bad.

Quoting gracielullaby:

If there happened to be other people in the lot that might have seen it, I would have written an anonymous note and left it on the car she hit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)