• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's wrong with me?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:00 PM
  • 4 Replies

Lately, I've been so absent minded. I'm misplacing things, I've forgotten about appointments (playdates, lunches...things of that nature) and I even locked my keys in the car. I'm tired all the time. Even if I get a 'full nights" sleep I wake up feeling like I've only got a few hours, if that. I've already spoken about this to my OB and he says it's perfectly normal. Others I've talked to have given me the usual advice, telling me to just take it easy and prioritize. To stop worrying about the dishes, laundry, ect. Stop working so hard (I work at home...but projects still have deadlines and need to be complete before said deadline.) I'm jumping around a bit, bare with me.

I'm not complaining...I'm not even sure if I'm venting. It just seems odd to me. I was a bundle of energy with my first pregnancy. Yes, I do realize that each one is different...and yes, I also realize that I'm carrying more then one baby, but Jesus...I feel like I can't even complete the simpliest tasks. Honestly, sometimes I just don't feel like it. Then I feel bad because it's not done. I'm snappy. Little things seem to bother me now. The DH's less then desirable habits I once ignored have become the focus of frustration. I guess I feel overwhelmed? I'm not sure.

Mind you, I'm a neat freak. I'm extremely organized. My house needs to be perfect. I have a strict schedual. Things just need to run smoothly. My appearence is very important to me. The DH even jokes that I'm his "Stepford Wife". Lol. I've been that way...sheesh, for as long as I can remember. Lately though...I have zero motivation. There isn't really a point to this, I suppose just a question.  Have any of you ladies experienced the same thing? I won't go so far as to say a complete personality change...but something like that?

I should add that I'm 15 weeks, 3 days pregnant with twins. DH is a police officer and is gone a lot of the time. We also have a 4 year old son.

When I get mad, I either buy shoes or go on a murderous rampage. Luckily, there was a sale.

I'm so angel miniat beingdevil mini.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
miss_nevin
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:12 PM

There is nothing wrong with ya thats just sometimes part of being pregnant.. when i was pregnant i would forget things all the time...

collier5
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:13 PM

I remember diving into a depression-like funk when I was pregnant. My SIL is a doc and told me that it was related to my progesterone levels. As annoying as it is, all I can say is you are just going to have to survive it. DH too.  Eat a balanced diet.  Ask OB if it is okay to take a fish oil supplement (one that is mercury free). When I am not pregnant and start experiencing the brain fog stuff, I know I am low on Omega 3s. Fish oil helps, as does a B-vitamin supplement. Flax oil might be a better choice than fish oil. I wouldn't do anything without consulting the doc though.

Your body is just working extra hard to grow several babies. Someday, your brain will return to normal... about 20 years from now!!! Just kidding! Take it easy. Hopefully you will have more energy when you get to the 2nd trimester.

gabrielsmom2006
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:13 PM

hugs Momma!     sleepRelax  now, cause with 3 children it will probably happen more often.

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 9:44 AM

wave

Hi
maryHatchet,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Pregnancy

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)