Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? PIOG

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:14 PM
  • 5 Replies

MY SON 2.5 YR OLD TODAY WENT POOP IN THE BIG POTTY SO HE HAS BEEN IN UNDERWEAR SINCE THIS MORNING. HE HAS ONE ACCIDENT PEEING ON HIMSELF BUT HAS DONE GREAT OTHER WISE. I THINK I WILL BE CONFUSING HIM TOMMORROW ONCE I GO BACK TO WORK AND HE WILL BE BACK IN DIAPERS. HOW CAN I MAKE IT EASIER ON HIM I KNOW HE IS NOT FULLY TRAINED BUT HAS HAS A REALLY GOOD SO FAR WHAT SHOULD I DO?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
thebestbrianne
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Pull ups or training pants? Does his daycare/babysitter deal with potty training? Pack plenty of extra pairs of undies and pants and talk to whoever looks after him about it.

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

mommerbean
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:17 PM

I'd get those pull-up things they look like big-boy undies so it's not a diaper. 

LaNette000
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Just be patient and work with him when you have the time, don't make too much fuss, because the little one can sense it. When he does a good job, praise him, when he has an accident, say, well, OK, I know this made you feel bad, but next time let's use the potty. Also, during potty training it helps if the parent remembers to ask frequently if the child needs to go potty, so that will remind them to try!

gabrielsmom2006
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:21 PM

When you are at work, who takes care of him? Let that person know he is "in training . Maybe you can buy some of the rubber underwear covers to go over his big boy undies or you could just pack lots of extra undies. Just remind them to ask him often about the potty. good Luck & congrats!

Swt_Mama
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:57 PM

MY MIL WATCHES HIM ALONG WITH MY OTHER SON 5MTS OLD AND OTHER TWO GRANDKIDS 2 AND 1. I DONT HAVE ANY RUBBER UNDERPANTS TO PUT OVER HIS UNDIES I WAS USING BIG BOY UNDERWEAR AND I DONT HAVE ANY PULL UPS .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)