Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Almost 8 months and NO TEETH?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:19 PM
  • 25 Replies

Molly has NO teeth... it seems like she has been teething for 5 or 6 weeks but nothing has popped out... should I be worried?

motherhood-quote21

Stefanie - Mommy to Liam Patrick 07/07 (IUGR) and Molly Kate 06/08 (IUGR, Pre-Natal Stroke, Developmental Delays, and Failure to Thrive) and Wife to Mark since 2/17/2006

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kirasmommy7
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:20 PM

DD started teething at 4 months..her first 2 popped out at 10 months bottom 2 at once

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
lovemygirls0407
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:22 PM

I have a friend whose dd didn't cut teeth until she was 15 months. She had her checked out and everything was fine. She was just slow on cutting them.

thebestbrianne
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Don't freak out, all kids get their teeth at different times. My friend's daughter didn't have any teeth til at least 10 months. Ask your ped next time you go in if you are really concerned.

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

Mommy2Josh11507
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:24 PM

My son started teething at 2 months, is 14 months now and didnt get any teeth until about 3 weeks ago. Dont worry, they will come when they come.

HopeMamma
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:25 PM

My son didn't get teeth until he turned 1 the doctor said it was fine. But if they don't start when he is 1 I would talk to his doctor about it. It is normal though some kids are just late. If you are really worried then talk to his doctor they will do an x-ray when he is 1yr just to check and make sure they are there and waiting to come down.

kno4eva
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:25 PM

no need to worry my little guy didn't get his first until he was 10 months old. Now he's going to be 2 next week and he has a full mouth full of teeth. The ped told me that the later they get them the better the teeth will be. Not sure why tho.

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:26 PM

Totally normal. It seemed like my daughter was teething forever. She didn't get her first tooth until she was 10 months old.

tazcat
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:27 PM

They are all different, my son got his first teeth around 6 mos. old, but my daughter didn't get any teeth until around 1 year old.  Had Dr. Check my daughter, said she was fine, just slow getting them in. 

katelynsmom22
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:28 PM

DD didnt get her first tooth until she was 12 months. she started teething around 6 months

Lilypie Expecting a baby TickerLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Amaryllismom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:30 PM

My daughter got her first tooth when she was 13 months old.  My dentist told me that the longer they stay under the gumline the better because once they pop out they are vulnerable to decay.  My daughter is 12 now and has never had a cavity. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)