Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will I ever find my special guy??

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:25 PM
  • 14 Replies

I am 27 and I am a sngle mom of a 3yr old boy, he is my wrld, my everything. I love him dearly. I left his ather when he was 6mths old, and he has not seen his father since then. His father does not want to be bothered. I dated a guy when my son was a yr 1/2 and we dated for a yr and then things did not work out.  It has been over a yr, will I ever find a nice guy, that I think is good for my son and I? I do not think so. I just want to find a great guy for my son and I, eventually get married and have a happy life.  Just a little down!!!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HopeMamma
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:28 PM

Girl it will happen for you. When you stop looking is when you will find him it is always that way. My hubby didn't find me until he was 29 going on 30 and he was starting to think the right one was not out there. I was not looking I was only 18 but it turned out perfectly. He is out there just wait he will come when you least expect it. Hang in there!

nikkm0113
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Thank-you!!! I hope sooner than later. Lol!!!!!

Quoting HopeMamma:

Girl it will happen for you. When you stop looking is when you will find him it is always that way. My hubby didn't find me until he was 29 going on 30 and he was starting to think the right one was not out there. I was not looking I was only 18 but it turned out perfectly. He is out there just wait he will come when you least expect it. Hang in there!

HopeMamma
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:30 PM

I hope so to!!

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:32 PM

It happens when you least expect it..... I know that sounds so "Cliche" but it was so very true for me... I was burned on love, dating, politics, life in general... disapointed in man-kind... took a year sabattical in the middle of nowhere, Idaho... met DH and 3.5 years later have two wonderful kids and a simple life I ever expected. And, even with all the ups and downs, I am 100% content.

motherhood-quote21

Stefanie - Mommy to Liam Patrick 07/07 (IUGR) and Molly Kate 06/08 (IUGR, Pre-Natal Stroke, Developmental Delays, and Failure to Thrive) and Wife to Mark since 2/17/2006

JenniferOmaha
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:32 PM

I know exactly how you feel. I am 28 and I broke up with my ex last April, we were together for 2.5 years I thought I would marry him, but I was just not happy.  I have meet a guy every couple months since then, but nothing more than a few week thing happens; if that.

I am in the same boat, just wanted you to know that. I still feel it may happen, just a lot later than all my friends. Who are really not THAT happy. So, I look at is, maybe I will be the one who will be last to get married, but I will be the really happy one...  :)

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:33 PM

i wonder the same thing. ive been single for over 11 years.

j_c_c_s_l
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:35 PM

I was a single mom of two boys for 11 years before I met and maried my awesome husband I was 30 when we got married so don't give up hope it can happen.also don't settle there are worse things then being sigle,like being stuck in a loveless marriage! wait for your Mr.Right and you will live happily ever after guaranteed!

nikkm0113
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Thak-you!!! I just get very down. I do not have many girlfriends either, they all go clubbing still and that is not me. Or the ones that say they are my friends never return my calls or anything.

Quoting JenniferOmaha:

I know exactly how you feel. I am 28 and I broke up with my ex last April, we were together for 2.5 years I thought I would marry him, but I was just not happy.  I have meet a guy every couple months since then, but nothing more than a few week thing happens; if that.

I am in the same boat, just wanted you to know that. I still feel it may happen, just a lot later than all my friends. Who are really not THAT happy. So, I look at is, maybe I will be the one who will be last to get married, but I will be the really happy one...  :)

TheresaMomof9
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:36 PM

{{hugs}}

Don't be down! 27 is young -- it'll happen. Just make sure you look in the right places--take a class, get involved at church, ask your friends that you love and respect to suggest someone, look for somwone who respects you, take it slow.

Take care of yourself-it's hard when you're a single parent but always try to look your best when you go out. Be kind. Find an interest--be interesting...you'll be sure to attract them. God bless!

T.

nikkm0113
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:36 PM

Thank-you!!!

Quoting j_c_c_s_l:

I was a single mom of two boys for 11 years before I met and maried my awesome husband I was 30 when we got married so don't give up hope it can happen.also don't settle there are worse things then being sigle,like being stuck in a loveless marriage! wait for your Mr.Right and you will live happily ever after guaranteed!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)