Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 day notice question

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:33 PM
  • 11 Replies

We have lived in this POS trailer for almost 3 yrs..our landlord has been a slumlord, not fixing anything..our rent is due on the first..if i give her a 30 day notice do i have to pay for rent next month?...im gonna use that money to move..thanks

Valentines Day 2009
Happily married for 11 yrs...

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
roxy85
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:34 PM

Yes, you still have to pay rent unless you paid your last month's rent in advance. Some places your rent require a first and last months as well as a security deposit.

Proud Army Wife and Former Soldier...

baby development

HeartofGold
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:34 PM

You have to pay up until the day you move out. So when you give 30 days you have to pay for those 30 days.

If when you moved in you paid first and last months rent then you don't have to pay for those 30 days because you pre-paid.

Make any sense?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am the group owner of the following groups:

Oregon Moms

August 2005 Birth Club

Car Seat Safety

Antidepressants

Women with Fibroids

If one or more of my groups are of interest to you please click on the link above and join today....see ya there

athenax3
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:35 PM

When you moved in did you give first, last and security? If so then no, the landlord uses that money for the last months rent and you should get your security back. But if you did not, then technically you are responsible for paying it.

mechi2105

IDK but here's a bump

izayascott06

i believe so but i would figure out how much u pay for a day and only pay for the time u r there not for the whole month unless u r there the whole month. thats what i did at my old place.

jennifer16
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:36 PM

If you pay your rent on the first and give your notice then you will have to be out by the last day that month and no you don't have to pay for rent for the  next month.  That is assuming you are not in some sort of lease with her and you are able to move out with just your 30 day notice

Pepperlynns
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:36 PM

yes it makes sense...we planned on moving the 6th of feb..we have never been under a contract

Valentines Day 2009

dannie0802
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:39 PM

ID TELL THE LANDLORD ASAP SO THEY CAN START SHOWING THE PLACE AND IYOU DONT PAY FOR THE 6 DAYS THEY WILL TAKE IT FROM YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT

Pepperlynns
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:42 PM

we didnt pay a security deposit..just the first month rent

oh well...she hasn't done anything like she said she would..we have all the faucets leaking, 5 outlets that will zap you if you touch it, a small gas leak...the code enforcement said it would be condemned after we moved...its HORRIBLE here

she will get her notice but she isnt gonna see another dime from me  LMAO

if you saw the place and how she has treated us you would do the same

Valentines Day 2009

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:48 PM

So you pay until you move out.. Meaning if you are moving out on Feb 6th then you MUST pay for those days until the day you actually leave!

Quoting Pepperlynns:

yes it makes sense...we planned on moving the 6th of feb..we have never been under a contract

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)