Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does/Did Your Toddler Do This?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:36 PM
  • 14 Replies

My son is almost 21 months and he always stands so close to the TV. I dont know if its because he has trouble seeing it from the couch or what. I have HORRIBLE eyes & his dad has perfect vision. So my question is, if your toddler has or had glasses how did you know they needed them?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adamjackie
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Neither of mind need glasses. But both stood close to the tv. I think that is just a kid thing.

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Liam is almost 19 months and he has taken to doing that lately... I am not worried... but now I wonder if I should be, lol.

motherhood-quote21

Stefanie - Mommy to Liam Patrick 07/07 (IUGR) and Molly Kate 06/08 (IUGR, Pre-Natal Stroke, Developmental Delays, and Failure to Thrive) and Wife to Mark since 2/17/2006

thebestbrianne
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:39 PM

I really think all kids do that. Mine does, all my little siblings used to do it. Try setting up a chair or some special space for her to sit in to watch TV. It works for my dd once in a while.

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

underestimated8
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:39 PM

My son is three and I still have to fight with him about that!  But I can tell through other areas of life that he can see just fine, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Mezmer
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:40 PM

Honestly I think it's a kid thing.

~*~Amanda~*~

Beth336
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:41 PM

we have a 52in tv so they lay on the couch or chair to watch tv if they were staning that close to ours i'd be worried bec. its so big

LEJOLIE
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:41 PM

oh gosh yes my son also hes  near 22 months.

Trishintraining
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:42 PM

My son LOVES standing right in front of the tv. And he likes to touch the screen :)

KelseyNovy87
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:48 PM

mine used to, but then we got a bigger tv and it would've fit in our entertainment center, so we had to put it on the top. these days he likes to sit on the couch and watch tv (he's just about 16 months)

Daisypath Vacation Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

ashleighmcg
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:52 PM

my girl does this. she will get up on the couch and put her face right against the tv.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)