Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please, please help me!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:56 PM
  • 14 Replies

I accidently washed my dd ipod. she had left it in her pocket and i forgot to check it before i put it in the wash. What do I do? I tried to turn it on and it does not work. Help!!!!!! She is very upset and I can not afford to replace it.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Babylove135
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:57 PM

IDK - someone posted something on here once about putting things like that that get wet in rice.  I've never tried it so I don't know if it works.  Good luck!!

Come join our group where you can talk about whatever you want with no drama!!     www.cafemom.com/group/BusyB

RmeWifey01
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:58 PM

Maybe the Geek Squad can fix it. Look in your yellow pages or online for them. LOL Yes, by that name too.

LeXisMoMMi04

call apple customer service sometimes they make it cheaper to have it fixed.

my friend dropped his in one of our hennys (grease) at work and it only cost him like 80 to get it fixed.

katee38

I have washed my cell phone before, I let it dry out for a few days and then it worked!  I don't know, miracles can happen.  Put the blow dryer on it, set at cool and give it a  couple days.  Good luck!

gracie23

bump!  try just letting it dry for long enough.....maybe it'll work after it gets truly dry inside n out

LeXisMoMMi04
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:59 PM

geek squad is VERY VERY expensive.. if you go with them you'd be better off buying a new one.

kimberlieparks
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Quoting katee38:

I have washed my cell phone before, I let it dry out for a few days and then it worked!  I don't know, miracles can happen.  Put the blow dryer on it, set at cool and give it a  couple days.  Good luck!

i WOULD DO THIS AND AVOID TRYING TO TURN IT ON FOR A FEW DAYS.

Anica81
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:01 PM

I heard that rice works for cell phones when they're wet.  Good luck!!!

kristyann40
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:01 PM

my hubby said that it is ruined, I hope it is not.

My2angels251
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:02 PM

let it dry out   for a couple of hours

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)