Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

it just hurts my heart **update**

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:15 PM
  • 15 Replies

right when my husband was leaving for work he saw he had a text from another officer that one of their classmates (they just recently graduated from the police academy) had been in an accident. that was enough to make me sad and hope that she was ok but he didn't have any more information at the time.

so i just turned on the news and they had the story and she was driving down the street and a truck hit her head on. the other driver died and the officer is in the hospital and they had to use the jaws of life. they showed her police car all crunched in and it just hurts to know that it could have been my husband and i'm so worrued about the officer. she's one of the sweetes girls - when my second son was born she got a build-a-bear and gave it to him from their academy class that she put a recorder in that says "welcome baby Caleb, Love '08- Alpha)"

hopefully we'll be able to go visit her tomorrow morning.

**update** so i just heard from my husband that she just got out of surgery. she has rods in her legs and an arm i think. she has 3 plates in her jaw. her lungs were colapsed but she's stable now. she may be going back into surgery again and they don't have any visiting hours set... :( thanks again ladies for ur support**

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
therzmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:27 PM

HOW SAD... LET US KNOW IF SHE WILL BE OKAY

Mezmer
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:27 PM

Sorry to hear.  :(

~*~Amanda~*~

CarterMommy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:30 PM

thanks i will update this post whenever i hear anything.

i do know she is now at least in stable condition

Quoting therzmommy:

HOW SAD... LET US KNOW IF SHE WILL BE OKAY

mygirlKyra

Prayers for a quick recovery.  Keep us updated!

ForeverMeme

I hope she is ok. What a sweet thing she did when your son was born.

Zcrewmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:31 PM

I just read your post, I hope she is ok. So sad for the other drivers family as well. I said a little prayer, let us know how she is.

~Kristen, mommy to, Ashley (7), Chloe (5), Rian (3) & Katelyn (11-5-08).

dannie0802
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:32 PM

i hope everything turns out ok

mommyandthree
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:35 PM

I hope everything is okay with her.  We will say a prayer for her and her family.

HEFFA-26.png image by jodell80   

baby girlbaseballgirl on a swingpregnant belly

jcsmummy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:36 PM

how sad. i hope she is ok. she sounds like a real sweetheart. keep us updated.

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Prayers headed her way... and for you, too... so that you continue to have the strength you do is sending DH off every day to protect people like me and my kids... he deserves a huge THANK YOU!!!

motherhood-quote21

Stefanie - Mommy to Liam Patrick 07/07 (IUGR) and Molly Kate 06/08 (IUGR, Pre-Natal Stroke, Developmental Delays, and Failure to Thrive) and Wife to Mark since 2/17/2006

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)