• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone here have an Acer laptop?*added info*

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:16 PM
  • 32 Replies

I have an Acer Aspire laptop and it keeps over heating and shutting down. I was wondering if anyone else has an Acer and has had this type of problem with it. Also, the fan runs VERY VERY loud. Anyone else? If so, what did you do to get it fixed?

*added info*

I only use it on a hard flat surface

it shuts down when I am in the middle of typing

the fan is VERY VERY loud and runs as soon as you turn it on

I bought it from Best Buy over a year ago so thye wont do anything to help fix it

I have contacted tech support via email since that is the only way i could get ahold of them because with the 800 number you need a Serial Number and mine got so hot the sticker melted!

I am going to get that fan base thing tomorrow and see if that works!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jahvarzionmomma
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:17 PM

nerdy

aarensmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:18 PM

my brother has one i dont know if it is an aspire..but he didnt have any problems with his yet...so ill give you a bump!

Daisypath Wedding TickerLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

make sure to let them know i sent you!

jahvarzionmomma
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:18 PM

lightbulb

DiVine87
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:20 PM

I have one, but i haven't had that problem yet. Sorry i'm not any help but good luck!

Photobucket
jahvarzionmomma
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:20 PM

thanks

Quoting aarensmommy:

my brother has one i dont know if it is an aspire..but he didnt have any problems with his yet...so ill give you a bump!

jahvarzionmomma
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:21 PM

thanks

Quoting DiVine87:

I have one, but i haven't had that problem yet. Sorry i'm not any help but good luck!

jahvarzionmomma
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:21 PM

crying

GreifsWife
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:22 PM

I am having the exact same problem...Except my laptop is an HP Pavillion...

therzmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:22 PM

WE WERE GONNA BUY THE LITTLE ONE FOR MY DAUGHTER TO PLAY GAMES ON.... BUT WE USE ACER AT WORK (CUZ MY COMPANY ARE CHEAPSKAPES) AND THEYRE A LITTLE SLOW NOT TOO BAD AND THEY DO MAKE A LOT OF NOISE... THEN AGAIN THESE ARE DESKTOPS SO I'M NOTT SURE THIS HELPS

RaulitosMommy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:24 PM

my sister has one and she just bought a laptop cooling pad..now it never overheatsthere like $20 bucks or so...google it...

tattooI am a tattoed, pierced, non-church going, public school sending, vaccinating, spanking, swear word using, bilingual teaching, MAC makeup obsessedLipstick 3, don't skinny dip-I chunky dunk, single mom of a beautiful boy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)