Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Protecting Kids Clothing

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:23 PM
  • 6 Replies

I was wondering is there anything that I can do so i won't have to wash the kids school clothes so often.  I mean would scotchguard work?  Their clothes are beginning to tear apart. Any suggestions?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
roxy85
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:24 PM

Scotchguard would only stop stains from setting in. If they're dirty or smell bad they're going to need to be washed. I would invest in clothes that last longer...

Proud Army Wife and Former Soldier...

baby development

HopeMamma
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:26 PM

Try washing them on the gental cycle and hang dry them. I hang all our clothes so they don't fade from the dryer. They look new for so so much longer. It saves a lot on the wear and tear.

DeeNicky
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Thats sounds like a nice idea...

Quoting HopeMamma:

Try washing them on the gental cycle and hang dry them. I hang all our clothes so they don't fade from the dryer. They look new for so so much longer. It saves a lot on the wear and tear.

DeeNicky
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:32 PM

I have two boys no matter what i buy the clothes life is limited...

Quoting roxy85:

Scotchguard would only stop stains from setting in. If they're dirty or smell bad they're going to need to be washed. I would invest in clothes that last longer...

anikahaynes1
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:35 PM

If you have the money i would get a new washer and dryer, and the type of washer that has a small or no aggitator in it! I mean really why would anyone ever think that with the name aggitator it would be nice to your clothes?!

i LOVE my kenmore oasis washer and dryer! And the dryer even turns off if it senses that the clothes are dry before the timer is up.

DeeNicky
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:47 PM

You know I was thinking that but we just got this one last year but I think I will look into upgrading to the one without it.

Quoting anikahaynes1:

If you have the money i would get a new washer and dryer, and the type of washer that has a small or no aggitator in it! I mean really why would anyone ever think that with the name aggitator it would be nice to your clothes?!

i LOVE my kenmore oasis washer and dryer! And the dryer even turns off if it senses that the clothes are dry before the timer is up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)