• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When can you take it again?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:26 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok our baby is due March 21st, but i am hoping i got at 38 weeks and not 40 anyway not the point haha...but hubby is leaving in early may for a month and a half of stupid army training....so how soon after the baby is born can i start taking my birth controll pills again? I only took 3 out of the box i have now, which is a 3 month supply, so needless to say i still have 3 months of birthcontroll pills saved up...and well my husband wont have sex with me, so i am a bit anxious to be intimate with him again....

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
HopeMamma
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:28 PM

My doctor gave them to me at my 6 weeks check up and I started them then like she said. I was on a low hormone one called errin tables or something like that so I could breastfeed while on the pill. Do not take a regular one though you don't want to pass that hormone on to baby if you are breastfeeding. If your not breastfeeding go ahead and take them at 6 weeks. The doctor usually wants you to wait until the 6 weeks check up to let your body return back to normal and your hormone levels to level out again.

anikahaynes1
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:31 PM

Ya I wont be breastfeeding, so can i like deliver the baby and pretty much start taking them when i get discharged from the hospital?

Quoting HopeMamma:

My doctor gave them to me at my 6 weeks check up and I started them then like she said. I was on a low hormone one called errin tables or something like that so I could breastfeed while on the pill. Do not take a regular one though you don't want to pass that hormone on to baby if you are breastfeeding. If your not breastfeeding go ahead and take them at 6 weeks. The doctor usually wants you to wait until the 6 weeks check up to let your body return back to normal and your hormone levels to level out again.

anikahaynes1
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:09 PM

bump....

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 2:07 PM

wave

Hi
anikahaynes,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

After Pregnancy: Babies & Toddlers

Pregnancy

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)