Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wahcovia Bank.....

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:39 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have a account that I use as my play money ( I have a electronic draft that goes in every month). I only use my debit card no checks... Anyway I was going by our branch the other day & a friend had wrote me a check for 300.00 so I thought I will just put it here did not fell like driving to our Credit Union. Anyway it was 5: 20 Fri evening... so the teller deposites it then she say I just wanted to let you know , since you do not make any deposites just  elec. drafts that this check will not post to your account till Mon Jan 26 at 5 p.m.

I said okay that is fine, but wonder why a bank as large as Wachovia holds funds for that long... I know at my small country credit union it post the next day... Of course this is their policy but I have never made deposites in this account at the bank... ( the check my friend wrote was from a bank 2 blocks away)........

Just wondering

I have a saving account that is attached to this account .. that I keep at least a balance of 800 to 900 dollars.. also

I was just wondering

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ConnorsMom12406
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Usually if I put anything in the bank after 2 on Friday it wont count until Tuesday morning. So it doesnt phase me....

Mezmer
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:41 PM

I think they were just making sure the check was good and wouldn't bounce.  Giving it plenty of time or something. 

~*~Amanda~*~

miss_nevin
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:42 PM

Had bank of america block my acccount cause i used an atm that they had alot of theft on, and that i was trying to pull out more then 100 on this atm and they blocked my card took me 4 days to get it unlocked cause everytime i would call they put me on hold.. so i guess i would say that they are making sure thats is notfrauld.. had them hold my tax check for 7 to 10 days before it posted.. its their rules i guess

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:43 PM

You made the deposit after 5. Most checks take 1 to 2 BUSINESS days to clear. That sounds normal.

Kairi snowgirl

luv_my_xiya
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:45 PM

i hate wachovia/wellsfargo...they will hold a check that is for their own bank too...yea that is all i have to say about that stupid company

TannersMommy09
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:48 PM

My mom works at a bank and they hold my checks too. And she's been there 18 + yrs, lol. No special treatment for me. :(

Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family
3proud
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:48 PM

I guess.. just was wondering I rarley go into this bank .. I use the atm... I think I have actually talked to a teller 3 x's since I opened the account 5 yrs ago....... Just used to my Credit Union I guess

Quoting Mezmer:

I think they were just making sure the check was good and wouldn't bounce.  Giving it plenty of time or something. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)