Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weird Reaction to Baby Oil with Mineral Oil???

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:40 PM
  • 5 Replies

I enjoy an oil bath a couple of times a week. When I was younger, it always seems Regular Baby Oil made me itch... so for the past several years I have used Burt's Bee's Oil that does NOT have mineral oil in it... well, the economy being what it is... I bought cheap baby oil again and OMG... I have itches and hives behind my knees and elbows and under my armpits... I used it several days ago but the under arm hives are getting worse...

Has this happened to anyone else or am I just a freak????

motherhood-quote21

Stefanie - Mommy to Liam Patrick 07/07 (IUGR) and Molly Kate 06/08 (IUGR, Pre-Natal Stroke, Developmental Delays, and Failure to Thrive) and Wife to Mark since 2/17/2006

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Gabeys_Mommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:41 PM

I havent heard of it happening to anyone. I would get some cortizone and get it on that rash ASAP.

HopeMamma
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:45 PM

I am very allergic to baby oil and I mean my skin gets raw my son is the same way. Try putting corn starch all over your body for a few days it will dry it up and start to clear. The same corn starch used for cooking not the baby powder one the perfume will make it worse! This works great with diaper rash to or heat rash on kids and adults.

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Thanks... I will try that!!!

Quoting HopeMamma:

I am very allergic to baby oil and I mean my skin gets raw my son is the same way. Try putting corn starch all over your body for a few days it will dry it up and start to clear. The same corn starch used for cooking not the baby powder one the perfume will make it worse! This works great with diaper rash to or heat rash on kids and adults.

motherhood-quote21

Stefanie - Mommy to Liam Patrick 07/07 (IUGR) and Molly Kate 06/08 (IUGR, Pre-Natal Stroke, Developmental Delays, and Failure to Thrive) and Wife to Mark since 2/17/2006

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 10:07 AM

wave

Hi Mom2LiamNMolly

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

medical questions

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

kerrin813
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 10:09 AM

try neutogena oil bath...its sesame oil

also with baby oil, it could be the fragrance...mineral oil is in everything

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)