• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your potty story....

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:48 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok I was wondering how old your child/children were when you started potty training and how old they were when they were trained?!?!?!? And any advice on the issue would help!!!! :D

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
marine_wife_02
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:51 PM

bumpbecause I would like to know too!!

boothk07
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:54 PM

BUMP BUMP BUMP

I wanna know too!

booth   

sassired8
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:59 PM

I guess no mom on here has ever potty trained before?!?!?!?!

geminig3
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:03 PM

I have 5 kids, all were different.

My oldest was 16 months old, and trained herself.  Mostly because she was always naked :-)  She never had an accident.

My next, a boy, was trained at about 2 1/2.  He liked to pee outside by a tree.  He did like to hide his poopy undies in the toybox though.

Next son was 2ish.  My mom trained him, because I was in college and she watched him.  They both had nighttime accidents until they were 5 though, on occasion.

My next child, a girl, we force trained when she was 2 1/2.  I know, that's terrible.  But I was fixing to have baby 5, and didn't want 2 in diapers again.  when I say "forced" I mean we ridiculed her and called her a baby when she had accidents.  I also made her sit on the potty until she went.  I don't recommend this.  It's very mean. 

My last child, a boy, we let train on his own.  He was well over 3 before completely trained.  He just didn't care to go.  And after what I did to his sister, I wasn't forcing it.  He did get there though.  He's 6, and still has nighttime accidents, although very rarely.

My point is, nobody can give you an exact on this.  Every kids is different.  And they'll all get there eventually, on their own timetable.  After raising my own, and working daycare forever, I an tell you that most kids aren't totally trained until 3 anyway.  Not all, but most, 

marine_wife_02
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:03 PM

My DD is 23 months and I am starting I got her stickers and dora panties becuase dora is her fav. and I take her pee with me and she sits on her potty once in awhile we get lucky and she pees other times not so lucky... I am just working out how excalty to go about it. It will be my 1st time ever potty training... Good luck to u

Quoting sassired8:

I guess no mom on here has ever potty trained before?!?!?!?!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)