Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my heart fell

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:59 PM
  • 22 Replies

This morning I went to the store to get some bread, about a 5 min round trip. I left in my pj's and left my son with his dad so I could get back quicker. As I was walking out the door with my DH standing beside me I pointed at the chain lock and said "lock it back when I leave" he said ok. Well when I got back from the store guess what I saw... My son, 2 years old, running down the middle of the road with our dog!!! We live on a busy road too. My Dh didnt lock the chain lock like I asked. I was so hysterical I threw up,  I cried for like 3 hours every time I looked at my son and just thanked God that he was okay. I just couldn't believe it! The worst part is I saw a car before I got to him just drive around him, didnt slow down, didnt stop or anything! If I saw a 2 year old baby running down the middle of the road I would of stopped damn it and picked him/her up and got them out of the e'ffin street, not just go around, stupid idoit. WTF is wrong with ppl today, do they just not care about anyone but themselves and their own. I could of killed my DH tho, I told him that if it was anyone else I would punch them in the face. I wanted to punch him in face so bad and cuss him up and down. I didnt talk to him for about 4 hours.  He felt terrible, I know he didnt purposely put our baby in harms way, but damn how hard is it to lock a chain lock, is he just that oblivious to lock a damn door?!? I am still pretty upset I just cant imagine what I would do if I lost my little guy. He is everything to me. I dont want to ever leave him with his dad again, I know thats terrible but I just know that I will watch him and that he is safe with me, you know what I mean mommas?  Kids are just so fast, especially the little ones. I am just so relived that he is alright. Men are so dumb and careless sometimes! Thank you, I just had to vent.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ms.Dean
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Glad everythings okay. OMG whenever DH does something stupid and especially when I try to prevent it I get so mad at him. Men can be so dumb sometimes but he provbobly feels horrible and i doubt he will ever forget to lock the chain again.

WhiteTigerLily
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:02 PM

I am so sorry. ALot of my family thinks I'm over protective but honestly, I feel as if I am the only one who can and will keep our kids safe. DH is good about watching them tho, he hasn't had any mishaps but hen again he never is left alone with them often cause I am always home :) I am glad your lil ones (doggie too) are ok!

kayla4507
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Thank God he was ok!

StrBryBlonde
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:03 PM

yeah he said that he would never forget to lock it again, thank goodness. I swear the next house we live in will have a fence all the way around it, lol.

BigSkyHarmony
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:04 PM

I am so glad that your son is okay! Did you kick your husband in the balls yet? big smile mini

StrBryBlonde
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:05 PM

lmao no, but i should do that huh? lmao

Quoting BigSkyHarmony:

I am so glad that your son is okay! Did you kick your husband in the balls yet? big smile mini

fiabella

wait....where was your dh while your baby was able to open the door, get outside, and run down a street???

Beth336

omg thats terrible but if you saw that person stop and put ur kid in the car wouldnt u think abduction? thats prob why ppl do that, just drive by unless i knew the kid and family i would prob stop and say where is your mommy or daddy and ask wehre he or she lived but not put them in my car

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Screw kicking him... cut 'em off with a knife!!! I would be SO LIVID I don't think I could hold back!!

THANK GOD your little boy is OK.... You are very lucky!

Quoting BigSkyHarmony:

motherhood-quote21

Stefanie - Mommy to Liam Patrick 07/07 (IUGR) and Molly Kate 06/08 (IUGR, Pre-Natal Stroke, Developmental Delays, and Failure to Thrive) and Wife to Mark since 2/17/2006

StrBryBlonde
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:08 PM

No stop and pick them up as put them in the car, just pick them up and walk with them to the side of the street and wait for momma/daddy to come looking for them. You know what I mean?

Quoting Beth336:

omg thats terrible but if you saw that person stop and put ur kid in the car wouldnt u think abduction? thats prob why ppl do that, just drive by unless i knew the kid and family i would prob stop and say where is your mommy or daddy and ask wehre he or she lived but not put them in my car

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)