Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VERY much TMI question, **UPDATE IN RED** Warning, really TMI!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:06 PM
  • 24 Replies

Ok, I have missed my period now.  I am 11 days late.  Very unusual for me.  All pregnancy tests are negative.  We have used condoms everytime accept once.  I know once is all it takes.  Here is the deal:

My bowel movement had blood in it.  I know some might say rhoids, but it's not that I don't think.  I have had rhoid problems since I had ds almost 3 yrs ago and know the difference in rhoid blood.  This was blood in my bm.  On top of missing my period.  I have never had a bm like this before or missed my period like this unless I was prego.

Anyone know what the hell could be wrong with my body?  Should I just go to the doc? I hate going to the doc especially for nothing, but I am not so sure this is nothing. Sorry TMI, but you ladies are my fountain of information :)

**Ok, so more TMI.  This morning, it was really dark blood throughout it.  I called the doc and they said it is always something serious and to be taken care of ASAP, especially if the blood is dark colored.  Means it's further in the GI tract or something? ANyway,  Gross I know, but now I am REALLY worried.  My family has a bad history of cancer and I have had cancer cells removed from my cervix at age 19!  Young I know, but what can I say?  A few types of cancer fun in my family.  Please pray for my health.  I am worried about this.  I want my kids to have a mommy to raise them. I go to the doc Thurs at 11am.  I will update then.

What are they going to do?  I am SO nervous!  Just the thought of someone around my butt and their cold metal tools.  Ew.  Anyone  know what they do?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michelleb1480
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:15 PM

You might want to think about a colonoscopy

krista778
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:17 PM

If you have blood in your stool you should definately go to the doctor! Hope its nothing serious!

29Cassie29
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:19 PM

I would call your doctor and talk to the nurse, and let them know your symptoms for sure!  Good luck to you!!

Cassie

(Mom to Isaac & Claire)

KellyChristal
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:19 PM

it could be shighella...a bacteria....or virus, cant remember which..look up your symptoms on the net

I am a 30 year old motherless mother, who has a 3 year old princess and a two year old devil, who has been touched by suicide and breast cancer, who got married at 19 and is still married to the same man 11 years later, who is a Certified Texas Teacher but stays at home now, who has Anklosing Spondylitis which is an autoimmune disease, who is a non-church going Christian, that knows it is important to live in the now, because tomorrow is not guaranteed. Oh, and for some reason I collect giraffes!

Rksmommy1122
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:20 PM

make a appt w/ your dr- just to be on the safe side.

kayla4507
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Anytime you have blood in your stool, you should go to the doctor.

BRI32508
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:21 PM

i would definitely go to the doctors, good luck!

Aislinn
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Make an appointment ASAP. It could be a long list of things or maybe it is just hemroids. Please, Mama, get it checked out.

skyes_mom07
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:23 PM

Anyti me u have blood in your stool it is never a good thing u need to go to the doc blood in your bm could mean a number of problems like bleeding internally, i dont want to scare u...there is colidis(probally spelled wrong) and u missing your monthly could be stress about the blood....please take the advice and go to the doc

Meganskiddos
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:23 PM

I will.  I worry about serious stuff like this bc I had a LEEP procedure to remove cancerous cells off my cervix.  They told me to educate myself and that if could return and I just worry that something returned.  I always breath better after my pap, but I haven't had one done in 8 months or so.  I will go to the doc.  I get so uncomfortable though, especially is someone is in your butt.  Ugh. Just the thought makes me sick to my stomach.

Quoting Aislinn:

Make an appointment ASAP. It could be a long list of things or maybe it is just hemroids. Please, Mama, get it checked out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)