• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bella and Edward's relationship....?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:14 PM
  • 31 Replies

I personally love a good story and tried so hard to stay away from Twilight cause I am honestly not a big reader.  I think reading for hours on end can be boring.  But after DH and I saw the movie I had to read to find out what happened!  So I started reading and read the saga within 2 days which says a lot for me.  My husband started reading it and is just starting New Moon...Which is surprising.

I started reading some reviews of it afterwards, critics stating that they didn't like Edward and Bella's relationship...Claiming that he is an abusive boyfriend.  Anyone else think this besides critics?  They also stated they didn't like Bella's behavior after Edward left her, being lifeless and such.  I think I read something like "What type of message does it send to teenage girls after they have a break up with a boyfriend?  To become mindless drones?"  I just thought it was humorous.  But anyways, I love the books and can't wait to see what Chris Weitz does with the New Moon movie.  I think there was a lot of essence missing from the first movie that they just didn't capture but I enjoyed it nevertheless.  Ok, I'm done...Carry on with political debates, lol.

~*~Amanda~*~

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Trishintraining
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:18 PM

I think it was very realistic when you think about teenage relationships. I know when my boyfriend broke up with me in highschool I was "lifeless", lol.

I do think they make him a little overbearing at times, and her too needy, and the relationship seems to lack some serious depth....

But it's a BOOK, and I think it was WONDERFUL! :)

Mezmer
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:25 PM

You mean aside from the fact that he's a vampire?  lol  jk 

Quoting Trishintraining:

I think it was very realistic when you think about teenage relationships. I know when my boyfriend broke up with me in highschool I was "lifeless", lol.

I do think they make him a little overbearing at times, and her too needy, and the relationship seems to lack some serious depth....

But it's a BOOK, and I think it was WONDERFUL! :)

~*~Amanda~*~

themacs4
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:27 PM

I started reading the series a few weeks ago.  To be honest, I did not like Twilight too much.  It was too slow for me.  I loved New Moon, though.  I finished it last night & have now started Eclipse.  I hope it's as good as New Moon!!

Mezmer
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:31 PM

I think Eclipse was my favorite of the saga actually.  It's not too slow I don't think and if you are ready for action, be ready for Breaking Dawn.  I read all 700something pages of that in one day...As my husband told me, I was a sad case, lol.

Quoting themacs4:

I started reading the series a few weeks ago.  To be honest, I did not like Twilight too much.  It was too slow for me.  I loved New Moon, though.  I finished it last night & have now started Eclipse.  I hope it's as good as New Moon!!

~*~Amanda~*~

babygirl1980_07
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:35 PM

I think that the story line was realistic (well besides the vampire part lol) but every girl knows what its like to lose your first love no matter what the situation. He is protective of her and I would live to have a man that loved me the way he loves her. I cant wait til the ew book comes out so I can read edwards POV I read the first 2 chapters and its really intense the way his mind works.

sunshine7902000
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:42 PM
my 15 yr old dd went to see the movie. and like you she doesn't like to read. well after seeing the movie she went and bought 3 of the books and i bought the 4th one for her. she is reading the 3rd one now. she said she wished all guys were like Edward. lol
Mezmer
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:45 PM

I read the first chapter of Midnight Sun and can't wait to read more of it.  It was, like you said intense the way his mind works.  Very interesting read.

Quoting babygirl1980_07:

I think that the story line was realistic (well besides the vampire part lol) but every girl knows what its like to lose your first love no matter what the situation. He is protective of her and I would live to have a man that loved me the way he loves her. I cant wait til the ew book comes out so I can read edwards POV I read the first 2 chapters and its really intense the way his mind works.

~*~Amanda~*~

Mezmer
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:47 PM

lol  That's funny.  I asked my husband the other day what he doesn't sparkle (what Edward's skin does when he is in the sun)...Have you read the books at all? 

Quoting sunshine7902000:

my 15 yr old dd went to see the movie. and like you she doesn't like to read. well after seeing the movie she went and bought 3 of the books and i bought the 4th one for her. she is reading the 3rd one now. she said she wished all guys were like Edward. lol

~*~Amanda~*~

babygirl1980_07
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:48 PM

lmao I love your siggy where did you find that at??

Quoting Mezmer:

I read the first chapter of Midnight Sun and can't wait to read more of it.  It was, like you said intense the way his mind works.  Very interesting read.

Quoting babygirl1980_07:

WVmom06
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Any ladies 30 and over that enjoy the Twilight books?  Come join a new twilight group for the older crowd.  The Sophisticated Twilight Ladies http://www.cafemom.com/group/97593

We look forward to meeting you!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)