• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE ON MY OMA IN BLUE!!! 2/4/09!!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:31 PM
  • 43 Replies

Ladies I need your thoughts and prayers.. Some have you may have read the post that I had posted a about a month ago about my oma (grandma) that was diagnosed with colon cancer.. Well she is going to have the cancer removed tommarrow and they are also gonna know if the cancer has spread and also the stage. I am sooooo scared, Oma is my everything!!!!! In some ways we are closer than my own mother and I are.. She is a very strong willed german woman and I know that she can beat this, but there is a part of me that is extremely scared. I wish that I could be there with her but there is just know way that I could afford the trip to IL.

Ladies please say a prayer for my Oma.. if you don't want to leave a thought please bump!!! I will keep you ladies updated on her condition

My Oma and DS last April.

Today is Oma's surgery and i am very scared!!! I am hoping and praying that the surgery is a success and that the cancer has not spread and they caught it early.. I will be updating for the next week.. My Aunt said that she will call me and let me know all of the details after they have spoken to the doctor. Ladies please keep my Oma in your thoughts and prayers!!!!

UPDATE 1 1/26/09.. I had just spoke to my Aunt about my Oma's surgery. The surgery went well. They did the lathroscopy to look  at the tumor. pahthology took it for testing. While they were looking at the colon tumor they also found something on her liver, they took a piece of that and are going to do a biopsy. If the the spot on her liver come back not cancerous than the stage of her cancer would be between a 1-3. But if it is cancer than it will be a 4. we will not know the results of any tests until friday. Ladies I am very scared but yet hopeful. please again if you read this please at least leave me a BUMP.. Oma needs all the prayers she can get!!!! I will keep updating when I have more info.. I am going to call her at the hospital on wednsday or thursday i am going to give her sometime to relax!

UPDATE 2 1/29/09... I just spoke to Oma and she sounds really good!!! The doctors say that she will probably be home tomarrow. They will get the results of the biopsy and the anaylisis of the tumor they removed from her colon. Please still keep her in your thoughts and prayers!!!  I will let you ladies know what I find out tomarrow!!!

Update 3 2/3/09.. Sorry that I haven't updated with my Oma's results.. my Whole house came down with the flu. But I am feeling a little better today so I will give you ladies what I know so far... Oma has been home since thursday night and she is doing well. It turns out that the spot on her liver is NOT CANCER!!!!!! But they did take 19 lymph nodes and out of the 19 there was only one that has cancer on it.. So that automaticly puts her at stage 3. The doctor says she has a couple more weeks of recovering before she goes to see the oncologist... So I just sent her a beautiful bouquet of flowers for her to enjoy!! Again ladies thanks for your thoughts and prayers!! I will keep you guys posted about what kind of treatments she will be recieving... And how she does with them

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:32 PM

I will keep your oma in my prayers.  I hope all goes well, I can feel your anxiety--my grandpa goes in on the 29th to remove a cancerous kidney.

1471640_1230664228_med-1.gif picture by jdavis2

heidi_val
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:33 PM

I will keep your Oma in my prayers! I had an Oma too, she passed away in 2004. There is nothing better than an Oma. My Oma and I were extremely close. Keep us updated! I'll ask my Oma to watch over your Oma tomorrow!!

StariNelson
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:33 PM

I'm praying. My dad had colon cancer  over 10  years ago..  he has never relasped.  It can be  beat !  Just  pray; I know it is scary, but, God is  in control !

LaNette000
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:34 PM

My prayers are with you and your grandma!

Nevermind idiots, there's a special place for them here on Earth, look at them all huddled up in their corner.

21noahsmama21

You got it hun!  Let us know how it goes!  Hug her for us!

Lu-Lu

Will keep her in my thoughts..little flower

christiansmo405
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Thank you sooooo much!! And you are right there is nothing better than an Oma

Quoting heidi_val:

I will keep your Oma in my prayers! I had an Oma too, she passed away in 2004. There is nothing better than an Oma. My Oma and I were extremely close. Keep us updated! I'll ask my Oma to watch over your Oma tomorrow!!

kdd1209
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:39 PM

May the Lord be with your grandmother and your family. I will say a prayer for her and I wish her a speedy and complete recovery

.hugs

christiansmo405
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:47 PM

BUMP!!!!!!!

christiansmo405
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:23 PM

68 views and only 9 replies? Ladies i thought CafeMom was a place for support and comfort? I guess its all about DRAMA!!!! All I am asking for is just for your prayers.. I did note that if you did not want to leave a message you could at least give me a BUMP!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)