Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He Wants Me To Do What !? With Who?!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:41 PM
  • 8 Replies

I had to change the dang title just to get people to read!!! Sorry.

So I have heard a few times on here of ladies making quilts out of their out grown babies clothes. I am having a hard time parting with my last born daughters stuff for some reason , I guess because I don't plan on having any more children... She's 6 months old now & I have about 2 boxes of newborn clothes that she cannot wear *No matter how hard I try to fit them on her again lol*.

So my questions are - I know I'll need a sewing machine , obviously. That's where my MIL comes in (She can sew & has a good machine).. So what do I do? Do I cut the clothes into squares or patches? Do you put stuff (Like cotton) in the middle & then sew on a back? I was thinking of doing her clothes for the front & her baby blankets for the back ?

I have no idea what I'm talking about so if you could please fill me in , Oh & if you have any pictures of quilts you've made (with baby clothes or not), I'd love to see them !!!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KYChica
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Just bumping because the posts are really flyin tonight & by the time I posted this it was already on the next page!! lol

KYChica
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:54 PM

okay nevermind then.

stuckinamess
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Don't know how to do it but I googled examples of some. HTH.. plus it's a bump for ya..

http://www.willowcreekbaby.com/WillowCreekBabyphotogallary.html

Tracie
Wife to Khari
Mom to...
Kyra 9
Justice 5
4 Fur Babies...
Taylor, Max, Cleo & Tag

StariNelson
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:14 PM

I don't quilt; my husband does lol. He makes baby quilts alot. He  cuts the material into squares ( a side note.... it's really sweet if you use permanent marker to maybe write  if  she wore something to a particular event  on the square.. or something) .  He usually uses  a solid color for the back ( I am assuming that would be your choice)  and places the squares in the order he likes, and sews them together, adding a solid border around the finished  block of squares.Then , you  sew the front & back 2gether & add batting inside.   Hope  that helped.

MacsMom3807
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:16 PM

here's a bump for you cause i would like to know too

LaNette000

Giving you a bump. Wish I had thought of this when my dd's were small. I only kept a handfull peices of their tiny clothes. Blankets are a nice idea! My MOm has made my cousin a nice quilt using some of her highschool t-shirts and she is in college now with a nice new quilt. LOL She loves it! My mom did a great job on it!

Nevermind idiots, there's a special place for them here on Earth, look at them all huddled up in their corner.

momof124

well i have no clue but want to say My baby blanket that I had growing up and doll blanket were made out of my moms old clothes as a kid.  I love it now my kids play with my doll blanket

imdana1122
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Here's a bump!  I'm not sure either...but curious!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)