Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Leashes???

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:46 PM
  • 90 Replies

So my daughter is 21  months old and i have been having a problem with her listening to me when i tell her to stand still like next to my car while i am unlocking the doors...i am at my wits end with her i am scared to death some thing is gonna happen to her she is constantly wondering off, she thinks it is funny...and i was just wondering if any of u mommies have ever used one of those baby leashes i think they look horrible but like i said i dont know what to do...

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DakotaRose
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:49 PM

I use them, they are literally a life saver.... honestly, if you have to choose between your babies safety and someone elses opinion, I choose my babies. You do what you need to to keep them safe. Also they come in animal "backpacks" now they are pretty cool.

tfmmpmmdmmom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:52 PM

I have two. My 2 yo twins like to run in the road as well. They are worth the money and the dirty looks, lol. I personally don't care what ppl think. I would rather get a dirty look than have one of my babies hit by a car.

Doudy2148
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:53 PM

I have one and I LOVE it! :) I don't care if people think it's horrible...it helps keep my child safe.

Pnukey
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:54 PM

I did and it was great. DD actually liked it because she tended to wander and then get scared when she couldn't see me (for y'know 2 seconds, but I could see her.)

RmeWifey01
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:54 PM

Yes ma'am I do have one and it works like a charm up to the point when they can take it off by themselves, around 4y/o. I get dirty looks and negative comments all the time, from the VERY SAME ppl who cannot stand me walking my double jogging stroller down the hallways of the clinic or in Walmart or wherever. Those very same ppl can kiss my arse*.

Doudy2148
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Oh I forgot to mention, my son loves it also. He feels so proud when I put on his monkey. :) (It's a little monkey backpack and the tail is the leash.)

21noahsmama21
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:55 PM

I use one and I'm not afraid to say it!  I would MUCH rather have my son on a leash than to have him running wild through the store where he could be kidnapped.  he isn't a hand holder, so when he wants to get down and walk, what else am I supposed to do?  Let him throw a fit (he's at that age) because I'm forcing him to hold my hand?  The leash allows him to have the freedom he wants, and me the control I need.  Perfect balance.

anitacarol
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:57 PM

I use one and my dd loves it !  Hers is a little puppy on her back and she doesn't want to take it off !  She is 13 months, has been walking since 9 months and I find it to be a life saver.  So much better to be safe than sorry. 

Roomfor1more
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:57 PM

i have neverb used one, but am thinking about getting one.    I may be lame,but why would anyone give you a dirty look for using one of these?

mom2ljh
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Personally, I don't care what other people think.  I know that I'm using it as a tool to teach him to stay with us.  Half the time he "walks himself."  If he's listening well and staying with me, I'll give him the end of it to carry around, and he stays with us just fine.  If he starts to wander off or lag, I'll take it back and encourage him to stay with us or catch up.
I think they're a WONDERFUL tool.  They're not an ALTERNATIVE to teaching your child to listen and not wander off, but they can be helpful in reaching that ultimate goal.

Amanda~Cloth Diapering, Non-Spanking, Attached Mommy to my little miracle, Landon Joel, born 6 weeks too soon, 6-21-07, former refluxer, multiple food allergies, coolest kid on the block!

Then                                           Now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)