Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So my daughter is 21  months old and i have been having a problem with her listening to me when i tell her to stand still like next to my car while i am unlocking the doors...i am at my wits end with her i am scared to death some thing is gonna happen to her she is constantly wondering off, she thinks it is funny...and i was just wondering if any of u mommies have ever used one of those baby leashes i think they look horrible but like i said i dont know what to do...

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
tfmmpmmdmmom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Because some ppl think it's lazy parenting.

Quoting Roomfor1more:

i have neverb used one, but am thinking about getting one.    I may be lame,but why would anyone give you a dirty look for using one of these?

ArmyGal
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:59 PM

I want one so bad, but they are hard to find around here, and I'm not a fan of buying it offline.

DakotaRose
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Because some people believe that "leashes" are meant for dogs, not humans

Quoting Roomfor1more:

i have neverb used one, but am thinking about getting one.    I may be lame,but why would anyone give you a dirty look for using one of these?

Mamamanic
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:00 PM

They have the backpack ones which I have. When I try to use it, she screams and falls to the floor. It does not really work for me. Is their an eaiser kind than the backpack ones.

BreannazMomma
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:00 PM

I feel the exact same way as DakotaRose.  I was against them before I had children.  But them reality hit (lol) and I realized that it's impossible to keep a child in one spot.  They're a lifesaver.  I get the "looks"  and I don't care.  I won't ever be one of those mothers on tv crying asking for help finding my child that wandered off in a store and got picked up by someone....    :(   Knowing your child can disappear in an instant and there's a way to stop it from happening....  go with it.  Walmart and baby stores all sell the cute animal backpack ones.  They look more humane..lol.

Quoting DakotaRose:

I use them, they are literally a life saver.... honestly, if you have to choose between your babies safety and someone elses opinion, I choose my babies. You do what you need to to keep them safe. Also they come in animal "backpacks" now they are pretty cool.

Mamamanic
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Target has the teddy backpack ones.

Quoting ArmyGal:

I want one so bad, but they are hard to find around here, and I'm not a fan of buying it offline.

Momof4Girls30
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:01 PM

i dont have one and never will but my kids have always been pretty good at staying close. but i dont care what other moms do if your keeping your kids safe good for you go for it

Mrs.Jasso
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Ditto!!

Quoting Doudy2148:

I have one and I LOVE it! :) I don't care if people think it's horrible...it helps keep my child safe.

shecallsmemom04
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:03 PM

never used one, never will.

bump.

"there is no greater feeling the the world, than the feeling you get when you save an animals life....be a part of the solution and not the problem, spay and neuter, report animal abuse, adopt, and save a life."

KatCakes2788
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Ok first off if your considering using it you should def. call it something diff. like what it really is.. A HARNESS. lol I hate it when people refer to it as a "leash", I've never seen anyone use it around a child's neck. 2nd if you feel like it would work for your child then go for it and don't worry about what other people think. I've used it and it's wonderful.

expecting girltoddler girl ~You know your too into Twilight when you look at your husband and think 'dang it, why don't you sparkle?'~  ~Edward Cullen is to women what sex is to men.... on our minds every 7 seconds~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)