Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So my daughter is 21  months old and i have been having a problem with her listening to me when i tell her to stand still like next to my car while i am unlocking the doors...i am at my wits end with her i am scared to death some thing is gonna happen to her she is constantly wondering off, she thinks it is funny...and i was just wondering if any of u mommies have ever used one of those baby leashes i think they look horrible but like i said i dont know what to do...

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:46 PM
Replies (21-30):
tfmmpmmdmmom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Walmart usually has them in the baby section

Quoting ArmyGal:

I want one so bad, but they are hard to find around here, and I'm not a fan of buying it offline.

Mamamanic
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Pilgrims had them on their toddlers gowns. Look at the book Sammel Mortan's Day. What happened then if a child got lost in the woods. They've been around forever.

Quoting Roomfor1more:

i have neverb used one, but am thinking about getting one.    I may be lame,but why would anyone give you a dirty look for using one of these?

Roomfor1more
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Wow.   How is that lazy parenting?    IMO lazy parenting is allowing your child to run unsupervised in a store where they could get hurt,lost or worse.

Thanks.

Quoting tfmmpmmdmmom:

Because some ppl think it's lazy parenting.

Quoting Roomfor1more:

i have neverb used one, but am thinking about getting one.    I may be lame,but why would anyone give you a dirty look for using one of these?

Roomfor1more
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:05 PM

eye rollingWhatever works,

thanks

Quoting DakotaRose:

Because some people believe that "leashes" are meant for dogs, not humans

Quoting Roomfor1more:

tfmmpmmdmmom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:06 PM

That's the comments I've gotten. I have twins and use my "harnesses" all the time. My son likes to run out into the parking lots and the streets. Those words are not from my mouth. That's just what ppl tell me.

Quoting Roomfor1more:

Wow.   How is that lazy parenting?    IMO lazy parenting is allowing your child to run unsupervised in a store where they could get hurt,lost or worse.

Thanks.

Quoting tfmmpmmdmmom:

Quoting Roomfor1more:

BreannazMomma

They have ones that go from your wrist to your child's wrist.  The problem with those is they velcro so they're easy to take off.  Then there are ones that are like suspenders-ish.  They're nice.  My daughter took some time to get used to her monkey leash.  I'd look online for different kinds......good luck finding the right one!

Quoting Mamamanic:

They have the backpack ones which I have. When I try to use it, she screams and falls to the floor. It does not really work for me. Is their an eaiser kind than the backpack ones.

Rhynestonefreak
My dad bought me one for my 19 month old, it was really cute, it was a puppy back pack...I was going to use it, then DH saw it and told my dad to take it back he wasn't going to let him wear it. Plus DS doesn't really wander off....

toddler boyParker (6-1-07) baby boyColten (1-15-09) 

Roomfor1more
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:10 PM

you have to do what you have to do.     i go out with all 5 of my kids by myself all the time & hav enever really had a problem with anyone trying to run off,they know i wouldn't stand for it,however with 5 kids & only 2 hands sometimes i worry & you know how kids are,they don't want to hold their brother's hand.

Quoting tfmmpmmdmmom:

That's the comments I've gotten. I have twins and use my "harnesses" all the time. My son likes to run out into the parking lots and the streets. Those words are not from my mouth. That's just what ppl tell me.

Quoting Roomfor1more:

Thanks.

Quoting tfmmpmmdmmom:

Quoting Roomfor1more:

about2beamommy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:11 PM

my daughter is barely about to be 1 this upcoming thursday and shes not walking yet so i havent had to use one but i do own one and when need be yes i will use it if i have to i agree with all u other mamas a childs safety is way more important than some stares or someone who should mind their own business opinion.

katzmeow726
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Get the ones that look like a harnass/backpack.  DH and I want to get the monkey ones for the twins (wlell down the road of course.) Frankly I wish mom and dad had used one for me LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN