Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have any of you ever used this product?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:47 PM
  • 17 Replies

What do you think of it?  Did you buy the One Step Ahead brand (pictured) or a different brand?  Which would you reccommend?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lbdm2002
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:49 PM

I bought one from Walmart and LOVED it.  We would blend together bananas and strawberries and freeze them in ice cube trays so they would fit in there.  My son loved it.  It is also perfect for teething time.  We put ice chips in there and let my son munch away. 

babygavin
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:51 PM

yes they are messy but they are great for teething

LuvmyKylie10
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Kylie had one. It worked well with some things. Some were pretty messy, but I would use it again with another little one.

StormiAnn
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:52 PM

we loved the baby mesh feeder!!!!

Quoting mommommamommyyy:

What do you think of it?  Did you buy the One Step Ahead brand (pictured) or a different brand?  Which would you reccommend?

jennifer16
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:52 PM

I agree. My son loved this with frozen bananas in it and it was so messy but I would just throw it in the dishwasher on the top rack and it would come clean.  I also used it for ice cubes when he was teething for him to suck on them without them freezing his hands and possibly choking. I bought the one at Walmart. It looks the same but different colors

Quoting babygavin:

yes they are messy but they are great for teething

Brooke208
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:53 PM

We used those a lot when my son was little.  It gives you more freedom with what you can feed them so you aren't worried about choking and it's great for teething.  We had the one pictured.

Mamamanic
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:07 PM

I had another one. Liked it because choking was not as much an issue. They are hard to clean after a while.

Rhynestonefreak
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:10 PM
My son loved this! It was really helpful when he was teething, I would put a popsicle in it and sit him in the high chair. It's the only way he would take his fruit for the longest time. We had the munchkin brand, I don't think there is a difference, I just liked that they were more colorful lol.

toddler boyParker (6-1-07) baby boyColten (1-15-09) 

mommommamommyyy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Thanks ladies for your replies!

small_wonder
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Don't put bananas in it. they are hard to clean out. That was the only thing we put in ours that we couldn't clean out of it. Frozen stuff is great to put in it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)