• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wheres my campin' mommas?? (with pics)

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:58 PM
  • 60 Replies

Dh and I bought a camper last year and have taken the kids camping a few times. (I thought we might use it a lot more than we have..lol)

The very last camping trip was a disaster- it rained the entire time, stormed like crazy and we were all ill. lol

Now, Im dying to go camping- I dont know why, but I think Im just ready for the peace, quiet and to be stress free.

So, wheres my campin mommas and what do you camp in??

(Also, do you know of a website that helps you determine the value of your camper? TIA)

I love being married. Its nice to finally find that one person you want to annoy the rest of your life.:)

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1busymomma03
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:01 PM

I LOVE camping!!! We have a pop up camper. There is nothing more relaxing than camping with my family. My kids all love it too. I can't wait until it's warmer this spring and we can go camping.

Christy644
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:03 PM

We haven't upgraded to a camp trailer yet. We do have one hell of a tent set up. I'm ok not being in the camper. We camp every weekend. Spring hits and i'm gone till fall.

jessiesluv
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:04 PM

The only thing i hate is that i still have to cook..lol

other than that.. im good to go!

Quoting 1busymomma03:

I LOVE camping!!! We have a pop up camper. There is nothing more relaxing than camping with my family. My kids all love it too. I can't wait until it's warmer this spring and we can go camping.

I love being married. Its nice to finally find that one person you want to annoy the rest of your life.:)

jessiesluv
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Now that I have the camper payment, i wish that we had went with the tent..lol so much cheaper

Quoting Christy644:

We haven't upgraded to a camp trailer yet. We do have one hell of a tent set up. I'm ok not being in the camper. We camp every weekend. Spring hits and i'm gone till fall.

Brooke208
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:05 PM

The last time I went camping was actually when our son was conceived.  LOL.  He's almost 3 now.  We can't wait to go, and we'll either go this coming summer or next year.  We actually camp in tents and everything and while I'm such a girly-girl, I love it.  It's the one time I can kind of forget my fear of dirt and insects.  We usually go once a year on a big camping trip and canoe one day with our entire family.  It's so much fun.  The worst trip we ever had we got caught in a nasty thunder storm while out canoeing.  Hail, lightening, thunder... it was awful.  Not like it will stop me from going again!

nebcutie
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:08 PM

We go camping in Lake Tahoe every summer. We have a huge party tent that can fit 18 and then we bring a kitchen. We have a hole set up and feed like 40 people. It is so fun! I don't have any of the pics on my computer thow.

jessiesluv
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:09 PM

My dh actually just saw the pic I posted.

This was the last camping trip I was talking about where we had the rain all weekend and were all grouchy.

He said "I remember that weekend. Weekend from Hell" LOL!!!

Acutally, I love to set under the awning while its raining.. i dont know.. i just like rainy days. As long as its not a monsoon! lol

Quoting Brooke208:

The last time I went camping was actually when our son was conceived.  LOL.  He's almost 3 now.  We can't wait to go, and we'll either go this coming summer or next year.  We actually camp in tents and everything and while I'm such a girly-girl, I love it.  It's the one time I can kind of forget my fear of dirt and insects.  We usually go once a year on a big camping trip and canoe one day with our entire family.  It's so much fun.  The worst trip we ever had we got caught in a nasty thunder storm while out canoeing.  Hail, lightening, thunder... it was awful.  Not like it will stop me from going again!

wandep
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:12 PM

We had our first tent camping experience this past spring. The kids had a blast. We had wonderful weather except for the last night we were there it turned really cold during the night.

This year we plan to go alot more but in my MIL's travel trailer.

jessiesluv
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:14 PM

My dh gets aggrivated when trying to find the "right spot" that is "even" for the trailer.

I can only imagine what he would be like putting up a tent. lol he said it would be easier, but for some reason, I dont believe him.

Quoting wandep:

We had our first tent camping experience this past spring. The kids had a blast. We had wonderful weather except for the last night we were there it turned really cold during the night.

This year we plan to go alot more but in my MIL's travel trailer.

wandep
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Oh, no I would love camping in a trailer...never had tho, this will be the first time. We're bringing the tent too. We're staying a week when son gets out of school for spring break in march/april. We are so excited. Even tho we are only going a few hrs drive. LOL.

The tents are much harder to put up. My hubby gets upset sometimes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)