Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pray for Margaret Romph, age 5 - PLEASE BUMP

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:25 PM
  • 35 Replies

I saw this in another group earlier this week and it has been on my heart all week.   I do not know this family but I signed up to get updates on this child through her CaringBridge page and today she did have surgery. 

I thought I would share this story with other Moms so they to could pray for this little girl.  Please bump so others can see & pray for a miracle for this family.

http://www.caringbridge.org/  and search by her name if you want to follow her story.

Here is her story  (I can not imagine what this family is going through):

Margaret Romph, age 5, was in a severe car accident on Friday, Jan 2nd, 2009. She was life-flighted to the University Hospital in Columbia. Prognosis is unknown at this time. Please welcome her and her family into your prayers during this difficult time. For more details on the accident click on full story and sign up for journal updates to keep track of her progress.

On Friday, Jan 2nd, 2009 Sherline was working at McDonalds when Erin, Margaret and Grandma Kay came to visit her. Shortly after leaving they were in a very serious car accident. Sherline saw the ambulance and fire trucks go by her work and immediately felt sick. She called Erin and no one answered. She called Kay 's phone and was told she needed to come to the scene. When she got to the scene, they would not let her see Margaret. Erin and Grandma Kay were taken to St. Mary's to be treated and were released. Margaret was life-flighted to the University. She is suffering from severe head trama, where they had to shunt her head to release pressure. Other injuries were 2 broken femurs and a broken neck. She is in the pediatric intensive care at the University. The doctors say that it is too early to give a prognosis but if she does make it through this she will probably be paralyzed from the neck down. The extent of the head trauma is unknown at this time. Please pray for a miracle for they do happen. Our faith is strong but we need the circle of prayers to embrace the family during this difficult time. Sherline, Eric, Erin, Katharine, Patrick, and Margaret need our support!

praying Let's pray for a miracle! 

PLEASE BUMP!!!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
barfydoogin
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Poor baby I will keep the family in my prayers.

xhellxfirex495
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:30 PM

omg that poor thing. theyll be in my prays...the whole family

Mom2Girl865
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:03 PM

praying 

Lu-Lu
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Oh my goodness~ how sad.. Will keep them in my thoughts..

CallieLynsMommy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:25 PM

This poor family! The sweet little girl and her family are in my thoughts!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Mahatma Gandhi
Mom2Girl865
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:02 PM

please continue to bump - I want LOTS of Mommies to see & pray for a miracle.

HiS.ADDiCTi0N
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:07 PM

crying

21noahsmama21
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Poor baby, I hope she makes it!  BUMP!

okiemamaCyndi
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:19 PM

I went to High School w/ Margaret's mom and am SO glad to see this post!  Please keep her in your prayers!  You can check out www.romphbenefitfund.com to find out more.   Also, her caring bridge site is www.caringbridge.org/visit/margaretromph.  Thanks again & keep those prayers and good wishes coming! 

Cyndi

Mom2Girl865
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Please let the family know that they are in my thoughts and prayers!

prayingHave the doctors given a prognosis since her accident? 

Quoting okiemamaCyndi:

I went to High School w/ Margaret's mom and am SO glad to see this post!  Please keep her in your prayers!  You can check out http://www.romphbenefitfund.com/ to find out more.   Also, her caring bridge site is www.caringbridge.org/visit/margaretromph.  Thanks again & keep those prayers and good wishes coming! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)