Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have/had 3 young children VERY close in age

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:38 PM
  • 28 Replies

If you currently have, or had 3 young children (meaning they all still require a carseat) what type of car do/did you drive to accomodate all 3 carseats? I have a 2 y/o and a 1 y/o and I am expecting my 3rd this year and my 2 older kids will both be in harnessed carseats (the 1 y/o still RF). The 2 carseats barely fit in my car right now, so I am going to be buying an SUV or something similar, maybe a van (used that is!) to fit them all.

So what kind of car do you drive and how is the gas milage? I need to get one that has plenty of space for 3 babies and isn't terrible on gas! Thanks ladies!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dragonfly80608
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Bump because I am curious what people say. Sorry I can''t help though becasue I only have two both in car seat but only two.

danarae1976
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:41 PM

I have an 2006 Chevy Trailblazer and I can get three car seats in the back of it. 

It's a super tight fit but we get them all in there.   

I have one child and one on the way but I have put my friends two kids in there with my daughter. 

If my daughter's car seat wasn't as wide as it is, all three seats would fit in their better. 

I think I get about 21 miles to the gallon on the high way on a good day. 

I wish we would have gotten a vehicle with 3rd row seating. 

coffeeluvnmom3
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Honestly, mini vans are much cheaper on gas then suvs...some of them are actually decent looking now too, like the town and country ones.

lovinlife0607
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:42 PM

I have a mazda tribute and all 3 carseats fit pretty good but it's kindda tight.   

pregnant
toddler girl baby girl w/o binky expecting boy

Need to earn extra income, replace an income or just save money on your everyday products?  Ask me how you can!!

Momof4Girls30

i have 3 in a car-seat wait nope ones a booster seat lol but i have a van since i have four kids

Bopples

oh I didn't mean for it to sound like that. If you have 2 that's fine, I'm just looking for a recommendation on a good, roomy SUV

Quoting dragonfly80608:

Bump because I am curious what people say. Sorry I can''t help though becasue I only have two both in car seat but only two.

sillymom3
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:43 PM

We currently have a Dodge Caravan, mini-van....we want a Chevy Tahoe, they are wide enough for 3 seats, also car seats make a difference, we like the Tahoe cause we would have cargo room....

MommyRivera
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:43 PM

wow I am so glad you posted this...I am in the exact situation. I have a 2 year old (almost 3) and a 1 year old and I am expecting my third baby in September and we are car shopping too...So thanks for posting! I could use the answers too lol!

Ashlee-Mommy to Dallas, Gabriel, and baby on the way!

slpydpy6
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:44 PM

Normally I drive a Nissian pathfinder that's a tight squeeze.  I am currently driving a montero with 3 row seating and that has plenty of room not the easiest to get in and out of with the girls on the different rows, if on the same row plenty of room kinda hard to get them in and out of.  I have had all 3 in my mom's car which is the 05 scion xb plenty of room for the seats not so much cargo room for a big stroller but is doable.  I have also put them in my FIL's truck which is a suburban with 3 row seating plenty of room if your short kinda hard to get them in and out.  The pathfinder and the montero get about 21 mpg hwy.  My mom's sicon excellent gas mileage I don't know the amount but I can tell you from driving to NC to MD it only cost us roughly 45 dollars one way.  The suburban gets less than the other 2 trucks in gas.

mommymel13
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:44 PM

We are expecting # 3 in March and bought a Toyota Sienna 2009 it's awesome I love it!! So easy getting them in and out has automatic door opener/trunk so you can open the door efore you get there it's kid friendly!! We had a Mazda 6 station wagon it was too small with 3..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)