Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He went to Jarreds ....

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:47 PM
  • 14 Replies

Okay, not really, he actually just went to Walmart...and it's not an engagement ring.. it's a mothers ring... But it's a huge deal to me. I I have been going through hell lately with my sons father getting visitation and a whole bunch of other crap going on in my life... My BF knew how much I've been wanting a mothers ring, but I didn't want to buy it for myself. So he went out and got it for me and we went out to dinner the four of us, (my son and his DD went with us), and he gave it to me after telling me what a wonderful hardworking dedicated mother I am and he's so happy that I came into their lives (he's a single dad). How Sarah (his DD) just adores me (she really does..lol) and then he just set it on the table. I nearly had a heart attack at first, because we've only been dating 4 months and I know a ring box when I see it... lol. So he saw the look of panic on my face and laughed he's like "no, no.. it's not that, open it up" and I squeeled out in joy because I've been dying for this ring...I'm so happy... here's a picture except on mine the gem is pear shaped

I AM A SINGLE 19 YEAR OLD MOMMY. I GO TO COLLEGE FULL TIME FOR CORRECTIONS. I WORK FULL TIME AT THE DEPARTMENT OF JOB AND FAMILY SERVICES. I AM A SURVIVOR OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND RAPE. I CO-SLEPT, VACCINANTED, DISPOSABLE DIPAERED AND FORMULA FED MY BEAUTIFUL ONE YEAR OLD SON JAYSON. HE IS HAPPY, HEALTHY AND WELL ADJUSTED TO HIS PERFECT LIFE. HE DOESN'T HAVE TWO PARENTS BUT HE HAS A MOMMY, 2 GRANDPARENTS, 3 AUNTS, 3 UNCLES, 7 COUSINS AND A WHOLE LOTTA LOVE! LIFE IS GOOD FOR US. AND THAT IS WHAT REALLY MATTERS

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baly2001
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Aw congrats..

slpydpy6
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:54 PM

You have a keeper with him.  That is was so sweet of him to do.  Congrats.

lahotsauce23
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Awsome You So Deserve it!!  I'm so happy 4 u.

Mommy2Jayson
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:07 PM

Thank you momma's... I am so happy! He is a great man, and has great taste in jewelery.. lol

I AM A SINGLE 19 YEAR OLD MOMMY. I GO TO COLLEGE FULL TIME FOR CORRECTIONS. I WORK FULL TIME AT THE DEPARTMENT OF JOB AND FAMILY SERVICES. I AM A SURVIVOR OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND RAPE. I CO-SLEPT, VACCINANTED, DISPOSABLE DIPAERED AND FORMULA FED MY BEAUTIFUL ONE YEAR OLD SON JAYSON. HE IS HAPPY, HEALTHY AND WELL ADJUSTED TO HIS PERFECT LIFE. HE DOESN'T HAVE TWO PARENTS BUT HE HAS A MOMMY, 2 GRANDPARENTS, 3 AUNTS, 3 UNCLES, 7 COUSINS AND A WHOLE LOTTA LOVE! LIFE IS GOOD FOR US. AND THAT IS WHAT REALLY MATTERS

RendevouzDreams
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Ohhhh prettyness..I love it..Good for you..Enjoy

Tae
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:18 PM

How thoughtful!!! He's a keeper momma!!

outerbanxmom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Absolutely gorgeous!

JMVITT
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Okay I say tie him to the bed post and never let him leave, lol.  You have a great guy and sounds like you are a great women for his daughter.....awe makes me think back to when I met my hubby.  We didn't have kids yet but oh the romance, hence why I married him!  CONGRATS it's a goregeous ring!

thisloveofmine
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Aw, yay! I'm so happy for you!

I am a 21 year old Atheist, Obama supporting, non-smokin, pro-LIFE, circumsizing, breastfeeding, anti-vaxin, anti CIO, MaryJane supportin, rock-n-roll mama to a very spoiled baby boy and damn proud of it!

tynkz
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:37 PM

congrats!!! it's very pretty and that was so sweet of him. i have a question though. this is the second time i hear of a mother's ring. so was makes that ring a mother's ring. is it the design or what. thanks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)