Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taking a 3rd day off in 3 weeks??

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:17 PM
  • 2 Replies

Im so afraid people are going to start getting upset with me.. 3 weeks ago I went home because I was throwing up at work..

Last week on Thursday I had to get called out of work because my son got sick at daycare and noone else could get him..

And tonight I feel like Im coming down with something.. (Most likely my sons cold) Ive also been throwing up here and there little bits.. Part of me doesnt care - I have a paid sick day I can use.. but the other part of me is worried because I teach and the kids cant really move on with a sub... UGH

I feel so guilty :(

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Don't feel guilty. I teach too. I have 15 sick days, and they are given to us for a REASON. I have a 2 YO, and have missed a few days this school year already. I have a sub folder, and all my plans laid out, so I know any sub would be fine in my room. I usually request preferred subs on sub finder when I am out.

Kairi snowgirl

FDNYwife
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:34 PM

me too, but I teach phys ed and we only have one PE sub in the district.. Put any other teacher in the gym and they are usually lost and believe it or not scared LOL 

My kids just want to have their darn basketball game so we can move onto Volleyball and I have to keep rescheduling it.. Oh well.. Its not the end of the world I guess

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)