Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birthing Mohters!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:28 PM
  • 44 Replies

I have been doing research...What made you choose natural birth?..I really think this is the way I'd like to go, but there are so many things to consider ( like the pain for instance!!)..

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.    6Love does not delight in evil but rejoicesis not self- with the truth.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SugarMama99200
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:31 PM

I give mad props to all the mamas that can go all natural when giving birth. i had "hoped" to but lets just say I found out just how low my pain tolerance was lol and ended up beggin for drugs lmao.

JMVITT
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Well lets see, I did both.  I was doped up with my first and decided natural for my second.  I don't think there was much of a difference honestly.  I had the pain meds given through and IV and they did an epi which didn't take, so all I got was 7 painful needle sticks in my spine in between contractions so yeah I don't know.  I decided to go natural with my second because I fealt like, My mom and My grandma did it, so can I, lol.  One thing to consider since so many women choose not to your treated like a super star, lol.  After I had Morgan all the nurses would come in and say your super momma, lol.  They thought I was so strong but then I was in tears from pain afterwards, lol.  Also going natural, you can get up and go pee as many times as your heart desires.  Even though my epi didn't take they wouldn't let me up, they tried to make me pee in bed which I just couldn't do, lol.  So they had to give me a catheter which sucked big time.  So I guess if I had to do it all over again I would go natural.  However that is a choice you are going to have to make since it's your body and one can only take so much pain, lol.  Good Luck and Congrats!  When are you due?

davidnjonsmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:34 PM

I already knew my pain tolerance was low. LOL So, I knew I'd have the meds before I got there! But, my hat's off to mommies that can do it all natural!

Quoting SugarMama99200:

I give mad props to all the mamas that can go all natural when giving birth. i had "hoped" to but lets just say I found out just how low my pain tolerance was lol and ended up beggin for drugs lmao.

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:34 PM

My first was natural it was great. My second was epidural it was okay. I prefer natural because for me after natural the pain didn't feel all that bad and as more time passes I felt better, but with the epidural I felt great during labor but as more time I felt worst and worst. Not to sure why, but I definitely want to try natural again. Epidural was ok because at the time I thouhg that I had no options but Id prefer to have natural because I felt so good after, as opposed to epidural.

JMVITT
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:36 PM

LOL yeah that happened with my first, I broke down, no shame!!  He came out in one piece and thats all that matters :)  I think anyone who can make it through 9 months of pregnancy are all awesome and we all know men can't, lol.

Quoting SugarMama99200:

umpalumpa
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:36 PM

i went all natural with my second- I wanted to be able to get up and shower afterwards- which i was unable to do with my first due to the epidural. It hurt, I will not lie- but you just need to push through the pain!  I loved being able to be out of bed and moving around during the birth....it really helped!

Just remember, the pain is bad, but it will only last for so long.  This too will pass :)  This too will pass :)

talitha_b
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:37 PM

I'm not the one for pain either.  With my first I got the epidural and with my 2nd I had him all natural.  It was sooo worth it.  That experience is like no other in the world.  Yes it hurts like hell but when that baby comes out it's just a sense of accomplishment and love that came over me.  As far as recovery, I healed way quicker with my natural birth.  I was up walking around a couple of hours after I had him.  I'm telling you it is so worth it.  It is painful but it's like I took myself to another place and just let my baby do his job.  I hope you can do it. You won't regret it.

mekubeku

You mean minus pain killers and epidurals...oh hell no!  I naturally carried him for 9 months, thats about as natural I wanna get...bring on the meds!

Jodie103

I have had a child each way, one with and epi and one w/ no pain meds and I always wanted to have my kids with no meds. When I had the 1st I thought I knew it all and I could do it well I was wrong, it hurt so much more than I ever imagined. Well when I got preggo the 2nd time I researched a lot and I found that I needed to prepare so I walked every day and I did more Kegals that I ever imagined. I thought of it like if I was going to run a marathon I would prepare for it so if you prepare it can be wonderful, the 2nd time I had the birth I laways dreamed of.

livewell

Hun, women have been giving birth for thousands of years....we are MADE for it.

You will have all the natural pain killers you need, just breath to let your blood bring it to your brain and where ever it is needed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)