Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pink eye..............

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:31 PM
  • 6 Replies

My son has it in both his eyes (I think).  Have never dealt withit before. Anything I should concern the doc with or will this clear up on it`s own. Anything special I need to do or treat it with..... I know I am not supposed tpo send him to school or daycare untill it`s clear and alot of handwashing but any other advice would be appreciated  :)

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mommy2Caitlin
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Take him to the doctor and get an antibiotic for his eye. I had it for the first time in 29yrs last summer it sucked. My daughter also got it and we were both given eye drops to make it go away.

ajswenson

I'm not sure, but I do think you should get an ointment for it????  And I do know it's very contagious.

mamapotter

Warm wet wash rags as a compress will help with the discharge and itching.

Dr. Phil said that the secret to inner peace was to finish everything you started.  So I looked around the house, finished the book I wanted to read, my old Prozac prescription, the rest of the cheesecake, and a bottle of Jack Daniels.  You wouldn't believe how calm I am now.
Katilina
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Take him to the doc they have stuff you can put in his eyes to help feel better and the itching. The more he touches the worse it gets and when one eye gets better he can spread to the other. Pink eye is hell.

wandep
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Definately go to the doctor with it. He will give you antibotics for his eye. It will clear up in a few days after that. My son had it and thats what we did..we were also told to stay home from school.

Quoting Mommy2Caitlin:

Take him to the doctor and get an antibiotic for his eye. I had it for the first time in 29yrs last summer it sucked. My daughter also got it and we were both given eye drops to make it go away.

katiegirl
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:42 PM

You have to go to the doctor to get him antibiotics and the drops for his eyes, I've done this with my daughter and me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)