• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what is it?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:35 PM
  • 4 Replies

so ladies.. i've chosen to change my mind... gosh i have done so many many times...

first i need to know what is a....paralegal ?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:36 PM

It's a legal secretary that works for a lawyer. That's what my SIL does anyway, and paralegal is her job title.

Kairi snowgirl

jahvarzionmomma
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:36 PM

a paralegal is like a lawyers assistant they do all the legwork, research, data collecting, paperwork

SugarMama99200
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:38 PM
  • a person with specialized training who assists lawyers 

• A paralegal is an administrative person who works under the direct supervision of a lawyer. They are found in all areas where lawyers are -- in criminal trials, in real estate, in government, in estate planning. ...

• One who assists a lawyer in their routine work but who is without the qualified status of a solicitor or barrister (England and Wales), attorney ...

• A lawyer's assistant.

• A person, usually with special training but who has not earned a law degree, who works under the supervision of a lawyer. Also called a legal assistant.

• A nonlawyer who performs routine tasks requiring some knowledge of the law and procedures and who is employed by a law office or works freelance as an independent for various lawyers.

• An individual who is not licensed to practice law but assists attorneys in certain activities that are associated with law.

• A Person skilled in procedural aspects of lawsuits, who assist the attorney, but are not allowed to practice law.

• Paralegals and legal assistants are non-lawyers who perform work usually done by a lawyer. They may research the law, draft documents, determine ...
    supermommie1
    by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:16 PM

thanks  ladies

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)