Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

surgery one week away venting kinda long plz read

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:39 PM
  • 5 Replies

My son stephen we found out has to have surgery on his left ear.  He has to have to tube inserted to drain the fluid.  I am so worried he is so young.  I know the surgery is routine, but being a first time mom I am still worried.  I will be writing a letter to the pediatrician office about Stephens old ped who negletated my sons problems for nine months and all this could have been solved months ago.  Because it wasn,t it caused me son to be very delayed in speech and his developement.  He was evaluted by a speech therapist who put him at a 3-6 month level.  I now have to pay $20 a month for three people to come to my house to give stephen therapy.  I am so angry because his ped could have prevented that. He never listened to me when I said something was wrong I know I could have gotten a second opinion but I listened to the doctor who said he was fine.  I do not know what to do any suggestions please help.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ilovetracilynn
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:41 PM

wow sorry to hear that. my daughter got ear tubes, she went in in the morning got it done and was running around by the afternoon..

nikkm0113
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:43 PM

I am sorry to hear about this, but I have had tubes in my ears from the time I was his age until the last time I was like 15. Everything will go good, and I wish you luck!!

wsv777
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:50 PM

I'm sorry you're going through this!! It is one of those tests when being a mother a lot of times I find that when I don't like the response I'm getting it is time to get a second opinion. Stop beating yourself up you are taking the necessary steps to better your son and that is what is most important. As far as the minor surgery I had it done when I was 8 months after my mom had been given the run around and being in and of the hospital since my birth, it had to be diifficult to watch me suffer but she had to try and do what she knew best so that I was taken care after the surgery things just went up for me!! Good Luck and God Bless I pray your son continues to be a happy even healthier littke boy((Hugs)))

MommaTrips0509
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:51 PM

i had to have tubes when i was a kid they didnt get put in until i was 2 and i wasnt put in speech therapy til i was 5 and i had to be in it for 5 years. hang in there momma he'll be ok

jaxTheMom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:54 PM

I'm really sorry and I know how worried you are, but remember this IS a routine procedure, in & out, and it's really going to help him and make him more comfortable.  And he knows when mommy's stressed and worried!  Just focus on after the surgery, how much happier he will be.

as far as the old doctor, I really don't know if there's much you can do about this, but I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)