Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How were you disciplined??

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:47 PM
  • 22 Replies

How were you disciplined as a child? Do you use the same methods that your parents used on you on your children?

I was never spanked but I did get time outs...

My SO was spanked all the time and he thinks its a good thing however I like to use time outs!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
umpalumpa
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Spankings-

I prefer time outs with my kids.

kdalton89
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:50 PM

spankings...... i perfer three warnings on "not so big deal stuff" and time out and a frim talkin to for serious things!

jaxonsmommy07
I was spanked and I was sent to my room. I do spank my son. We will also do time outs.
tes1proudmomma

I was spanked, put into time out, had things taken away.

And I do all of the above!

Lilypie Kids birthday TickerLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
ilovetracilynn
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:51 PM

i dont remember i blocked out most of my child hood but with my daughter i do timeouts she is 4 so she gets 4 minutes

Brooke501

I got spanked and time outs. When I was older I would get grounded from EVERYTHING!

I am a step mom so I dont do a lot of the discipline. When I do it is time outs and groundings. No spankings. I would never spank someone else's child but I must admit that I have been tempted several times while we are in Target!

hannahsmommy309

i was never spanked...my parents always used time out, or taking things away...

i have swated (i think thats how its spelled) on the butt, but that is it and maybe only a handful of times....we use time out.

katie2007709
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:53 PM

i was spanked and grounded...  like 3-4 times in my whole life...

my husband was spanked and sees nothing wrong with it

i will not spank if it can be helped unless she is putting her or someone else in danger....

and i still think she is too young for that....  she is 15 months old!

however i live with my inlaws and they dont believe like i do and mil babysits i told my husband if she goes against the way we decided to parent she will no longer be babysitting!!  my husband decided i will do the disciplining because i flipped on him when he did something totally uncalled for

Tired of being ignored??  Come join us at the post killahs!!  You will always get a response on your forums!! big smile mini

http://www.cafemom.com/group/97050

prue2012
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:54 PM

well by todays standards both my parents would have been in jail for child abuse.  but i never spank my children.  can't bring myself to do it.

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:54 PM

I was spanked with extensions cords, belts only on my butt though. IF I talked back I was popped in the mouth.My step dad was worst he was strait out abusive, but he hardly punished me, so I wont include the things he did. Most thing were deserved(by mom), I had quite a mouth on me. lol Anywho I am alive, and so all is well. We do spank, but way less than I was spanked and only with hand and on the butt. I am doing research o how to discipline in a Christian way wihtout spanking(if thats possible). Hopefully I can do that fully with ds, and change over with dd. I don't use belts, or extension cords because II dont really agree with that. I didn't really like that and can be just as effective with my hand or other forms of disiplen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)