Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need some opinions

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:10 PM
  • 3 Replies

I was talking to one of my friends from work and her and her boyfriend drink around their kids quit a bit, and I don't really have anything against people who do this a lot of my friends do. But I never grew up around my parents doing stuff like that and I'm kind of iffy about bringing my kid around them when they are drinking, even if the kids are off playing in another room. Am I over reacting or is drinking around the kids really as big of a deal as I'm making it. Sometimes they just drink a lil bit and sometimes they drink quit a bit.

And one more question. Why would a 6 year old boy act out and get into so much trouble at school? There has been no changes in his life so he has no noticable reason to be acting out, he had gotten in school suspension for a few days and as soon as he got out of it he got kicked off the bus for talking very inapproriately to another kid and being rowdy. No one knows why he's acting like this and he wont talk to any one about anything. Any ideas on what could be done to help him?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 2:27 PM

1st ? No it is not that biga deal as long as they are not violent or weird drunks.

2nd ? some kids just get into phases like that but he should seek counseling b/c it could be something else likes kids in school teaseing him

mooremom
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 2:28 PM

We don't drink in front of our children or have any alcohol in our house. However, I don't see anything wrong with having an occasional glass of wine or beer, but I do see something wrong with drinking every day or getting sloshy drunk with your kids around.

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 2:52 PM

BUMP for you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)