Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need Chicken recipes-I'm not good at this!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:14 PM
  • 17 Replies

I am tired of the same old stuff.  I make onion baked chicken, chicken spaghetti(not with spag sauce, you use cream of mushroom soup and cheese), and chicken fajitas.  Anyone have any fairly easy recipes they would share with me?  Everything I look up on the net is complicated and takes 45 min just in prep time.  Anything good you know of?  I know this isn't a drama post, but help me be a better cook!  Thanks mamas!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjmamma
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:17 PM

If you like garlic you'll like this, it is one of our favorites !!!

Garlic Chicken

½ cup butter

¼ cup olive oil

1 tsp dried parsley

1 tsp dried basil

¼ tsp dried oregano

5 cloves garlic, minced

¾ tsp salt

1 tbsp lemon juice

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves pounded to ¼ inch thickness

In a skillet heat the butter and oil over medium high until melted. Add the parsley, basil, oregano, garlic and salt, mix together in skillet. Stir in lemon juice.

Add chicken and sauté for about 3 minutes or until white. Lower the heat, cover and cook another 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. Serve over hot cooked fettuccine.

jjmamma
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:18 PM

This one is really good too...

Lime Herb Chicken

1 cup lime juice

2/3 cup Italian salad dressing

2 tsp minced garlic

2 tsp dried basil

1 tsp dried thyme

½ tsp salt

½ tsp pepper

3-4 lbs chicken parts

In a bowl combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; marinade for up to 2 hours. Set aside remaining marinade for basting.

Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear (or bake @ 400 for 1hr 15 min), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. 6 servings.

Meganskiddos
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:19 PM

We LOVE garlic.  I use it several times a week in our meals.  Thanks!  I will definitely try this!

Quoting jjmamma:

Garlic Chicken

½ cup butter

¼ cup olive oil

1 tsp dried parsley

1 tsp dried basil

¼ tsp dried oregano

5 cloves garlic, minced

¾ tsp salt

1 tbsp lemon juice

In a skillet heat the butter and oil over medium high until melted. Add the parsley, basil, oregano, garlic and salt, mix together in skillet. Stir in lemon juice.

Add chicken and sauté for about 3 minutes or until white. Lower the heat, cover and cook another 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. Serve over hot cooked fettuccine.

Mina2904
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:21 PM

This is something I made at home for the kids when they got sick but its pretty good!

Chicken Noodle (NOT THE SOUP)

1 large bag of Egg Noodles

1 family size can of cream of chicken soup

Boneless skinless chicken breast (cut up into small pieces)

4 chicken boullion cubes

Use a large pot. Fill it half way with water and put in the chicken pieces and boullion cubes. Boil until the cubes are dissolved and the water goes down  to 1/3 of the pot. Add the cream of chicken soup and mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Meganskiddos
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Mmmm that sounds good also.  What do you usually serve it with?  Rice and veggies?

Quoting jjmamma:

This one is really good too...

Lime Herb Chicken

1 cup lime juice

2/3 cup Italian salad dressing

2 tsp minced garlic

2 tsp dried basil

1 tsp dried thyme

½ tsp salt

½ tsp pepper

3-4 lbs chicken parts

In a bowl combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; marinade for up to 2 hours. Set aside remaining marinade for basting.

Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear (or bake @ 400 for 1hr 15 min), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. 6 servings.

jjmamma
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:23 PM

We've got a really nice (expensive) Italian restaurant and they serve something like this, I've been told that my recipe is better.  I usually use more garlic than the recipe calls for :). 

Quoting Meganskiddos:

We LOVE garlic.  I use it several times a week in our meals.  Thanks!  I will definitely try this!

Quoting jjmamma:

Garlic Chicken

½ cup butter

¼ cup olive oil

1 tsp dried parsley

1 tsp dried basil

¼ tsp dried oregano

5 cloves garlic, minced

¾ tsp salt

1 tbsp lemon juice

Meganskiddos

That is real similar to the chicken spaghetti we make.  I haven't ever made it with egg noodles though, I will have to try that.  We put cheese on it.  Our son LOVES it.  :)  I love egg noodles, I may try that next time.

Quoting Mina2904:

This is something I made at home for the kids when they got sick but its pretty good!

Chicken Noodle (NOT THE SOUP)

1 large bag of Egg Noodles

1 family size can of cream of chicken soup

Boneless skinless chicken breast (cut up into small pieces)

4 chicken boullion cubes

Use a large pot. Fill it half way with water and put in the chicken pieces and boullion cubes. Boil until the cubes are dissolved and the water goes down  to 1/3 of the pot. Add the cream of chicken soup and mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.

vbongard

This is the site I use daily.  They have easy meals with really good directions.  Give it a look.

www.cooks.com

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Hi Meganskiddos,

If you'd like to search for information that is already posted on this group and on CafeMom, click on this Newcomers Club thread... Newcomers Club - What Are You Looking For?.

Hope that helps!

\\ The CafeMom Admin Team

Meganskiddos
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Garlic fan huh?  Yeah, dh and I love it.  He wants it in everything.  His favorite is for me to steam the garlic and mash it into mashed potatoes.  That is his absolute favorite.  I like putting  a few cloves in the steamer with all of our veggies. 

Quoting jjmamma:

We've got a really nice (expensive) Italian restaurant and they serve something like this, I've been told that my recipe is better.  I usually use more garlic than the recipe calls for :). 

Quoting Meganskiddos:

Quoting jjmamma:

Garlic Chicken

½ cup butter

¼ cup olive oil

1 tsp dried parsley

1 tsp dried basil

¼ tsp dried oregano

5 cloves garlic, minced

¾ tsp salt

1 tbsp lemon juice

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)