Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what's worse??

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:19 PM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: which is worse?

Options:

a toddler who still has a pacifier

a toddler who bites their nails

both are equally bad habits

neither seem so bad to me

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 38

View Results

my 15 month old is still using a pacifier and i have been wanting to wean her from it. but now every time she's not sucking her binky she's biting her fingernails to the point that they're bleeding. so now i am being told by people that i should let her keep the binky because its better than having a nail-biter, and that "you never see a kid sucking on a pacifier in kindergarten". do you agree that the binky for another year or so is better than allowing her to bite her nails?

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:20 PM

My 16 month old still has her binkie, and i let her because it helps iwth her teething...and right now she has EIGHT teeth coming in, so i have no problems loL! (she mostly takes it at night)....and i keep her nails cut so she wont bite them

necro1134
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:21 PM

im gonna go with a pacifier..but i have a bi-est opinion.i HATE pacifiers.

milmiracle
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Yes I agree w/ that. 

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:23 PM

I let my DD keep her paci until she turned 2. Although, she only used it at bedtime for the last 5 months. If your 15 month old wants it right now, let him.

Kairi snowgirl

icychick04
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:25 PM

i would let your LO keep the paci. my ds is almost 14 months and he still  has his.

3roosters1hen
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:30 PM
Oh My Gosh!! What is it with binkies!!! I gave my last two kids the binky and they were binky babies! I never listened to other Moms who said there is a time limit on those! I think that My 3 yr old gave it up when he was almost 3 now he is almost 4. I see nothing wrong with a childs comfort being met. Every so often, he still asks for a bottle... He is so cute... he just wants to revert to his baby stage every so often. HEY I have a 21 and 17 yr olds and a 9 yr old, they grow so fast and I am in no hurry to hurry up the process. I am enjoying every minute of every day watching my last child grow! Tomorrow will be here before you know it, so enjoy today, let your baby be a baby and your toddler be just that a toddler. Stress causes nail bitting, so give I say give the child back the binky! It will relieve her stress. =)

sahm_of_rj
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:36 PM

In this case, I think it's better to keep the paci.  At 15 months I don't think she quite fits the stigma attached to an older child running around with a pacifier - when I think of too old for one, I think of children that are potty trained and speaking full sentences and are talking around the pacifier.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)