Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some pointers......

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:22 PM
  • 12 Replies

So my son Landon has been running a very high grade fever for 2 days now....... I have taken him to the ER and they told me to give him Tylenol and Motrin every four hrs..... and that is what I have been doing. BUT..... for some reason I can't get his fever to break. Do any of you ladies have any pointers or remedies that you could give me to try and get his fever to break?? Anything would be helpful.

thank you

IS MY HEART! ♥

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SinistersSweeti
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:23 PM

How high is the fever?  I would think that after 2 days if you haven't been able to break it, the doctor would do SOMETHING for him.

I'm a formula feeding, vaccinating, CIO, non-co-sleeing, pro-choice, gun supporting, unmarried, 23 year old Stay At Home Mommy to a BEAUTIFUL and very independant little angel and loving EVERY minute of it!

milmiracle
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:24 PM

The only thing i can think of is to keep him extremely hydrated.  Be it w/ the pedialite icee pops, the store icees, his favorite drinks anything. 

momcat437
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Fevers scare me!  I think I'd take him back to the doctor!

aangel414
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:25 PM

It's been ranging from anywhere to 101 to 103.3   I am taking him to his pedi tomorrow. But Im just worried about tonight.

Quoting SinistersSweeti:

How high is the fever?  I would think that after 2 days if you haven't been able to break it, the doctor would do SOMETHING for him.

IS MY HEART! ♥

CarlaD
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Could he be teething?  My oldest son went through an unbreakable fever for four days (102-104).  We did everything we could, including repeat visits to the ER.  It broke after 4 days and we found 6 new teeth broken through the skin.  This started the night we brought son #2 home!

armywife1111
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:28 PM

a luke warm bath, wash cloths on him, keep him hydrated, don't over dress him

That is all I can think of at the moment. I will let you know if I think of anything else.

Miki1972
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Hello,

This may sound weird but when my kid had a fever my mom told me to put two slices of potatoes, in a circle tie with a bandanna and it will make the fever go away.

MommyTo2Boyz

Just keep alternating the tylenol and motrin.  Make sure ya keep him hydrated because the motrin can dehydrate kids.  You could always try a tepid bath. 

mom_2_3crzyboys

as long as it is going down one degree, then its no biggie...its when you cant get it to drop more than a degree or when it keeps going up that you should be concerned. that is what my pediatrician told me. good luck! hope he feels better soon!!

Quoting aangel414:

It's been ranging from anywhere to 101 to 103.3   I am taking him to his pedi tomorrow. But Im just worried about tonight.

Quoting SinistersSweeti:

SinistersSweeti
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:31 PM

I agree with the other ladies...luke warm bath, not TOO many clothes, maybe keep a cool wash cloth on his head, and keep up with the tylenol and what not.  I hope he's ok!  Good luck at the Pedi tomo!

Quoting aangel414:

It's been ranging from anywhere to 101 to 103.3 I am taking him to his pedi tomorrow. But Im just worried about tonight.

Quoting SinistersSweeti:

How high is the fever? I would think that after 2 days if you haven't been able to break it, the doctor would do SOMETHING for him.

I'm a formula feeding, vaccinating, CIO, non-co-sleeing, pro-choice, gun supporting, unmarried, 23 year old Stay At Home Mommy to a BEAUTIFUL and very independant little angel and loving EVERY minute of it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)