Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Night time potty training

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:30 PM
  • 7 Replies

How old do you start night time potty training? My dd turned 3 in September and is currently wearing pull ups at night and only really has accidents when she doesn't go potty before she goes to sleep. I just don't know how to start. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Avery & Raleigh's Mombutterfly on head

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
NoR_CaL_MoMmY
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:33 PM

I'm in the same boat except my daughter is 2 1/2 and only pees in the potty during the day. She still wears a diaper to bed and wakes up really wet so I know she isnt ready for night time training yet.

The 3 day potty training method said stop giving liquid around 5pm (ya, right...lol). It also says lay by their bed the first few nights and when you hear them stir around see if they need to go pee. I bet if you just put her in undies at night and she pees once or twice it'll click that she needs to hold it.

Good luck! Potty training is hard!

Loving Wife to Matt, Proud Mommy to Kylie & Lucas!

vedd8183
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:41 PM

With my son, Stevie all I do is make sure he pees right before he goes to bed, and all he gets to drink is water. He stopped wearing pullups around 2 1/2 years.  I started by by makeing sure he was dry at night before i  took away the pullups...

baby

baby growth

ConnersMom03
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:41 PM

We skipped pull ups.  I trained my son in diapers then put him in underwear with diapers at night and nap time.  He was usually a little wet in the mornings.  He just started fighting wearing one at night so we tried it.  He had two accidents in the first week and now, about 3 mos later he hasn't had any more.  I try not to give him too much to drink before bed.  If he wakes up durning the night then we have him go potty, but he can often hold it all night.  Maybe you can try it when she feels comfortable with the idea.  Good luck!

preview image

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 2:34 PM

wave

Hi
mom2averal,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

The Potty Training Moms Support Group!

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

mooremom
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 2:36 PM

Sorry, but there isn't a way to night train. The only thing you can really do is not to give them anything to drink past 6 or 7 and hope for the best.

Jademom07
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 2:37 PM

DD hasn't been wet at night since I cut all liquids an hour before bedtime.  She isn't potty trained but likes to go so maybe if you cut out fluids/snacks before bed (if you haven't already) that could help. 

mom-of-5-4-him
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 2:41 PM
my daughter just turned 2 in aug. She has been potty trained for about a month. We are so happy about it! she doesn't pee at night. We have dinner every night at 6 and she only gets 4 oz of water at night after that. She does have milk if she is really thirsty. We woke her up before we went to bed each night for about a week. It has worked so far...once she could go on the potty..we got rid of the pullups. try waking her up before you go to bed. it becomes a habit. also take the pull up offf so she will know that she is doing it. Good luck!
~~A woman's heart should be so lost in God that a man needs to seek him in order to find her.~~
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)