Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some ideas here

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:33 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok so my ds is having a madagascar theme birthday. Well I wanted to do safari/jungle/animal theme party foods. Does anyone have any ideas that they can give me?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
icychick04
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:36 PM

ummmm..... maybe find some cookie cutters in the shapes of animals and let the kids decorate them. i really have no idea. sorry. but here is a bump!

armywife1111
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:49 PM
bump

rkansawangel_29
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:55 PM

you can make little sandwiches in the shape of animals make cupcakes with gummy worms in them.

Here are some cool safari theme party food ideas. (You can create a signpost with all the sorts of arrows pointing to the foods and describing what they are…)

*Animal-Striped Pizzas (you can be very creative with this one by making your own pizzas using alternates of white, yellow and orange cheese strips to look like animal print. You can also add toppings in alternates, like a row of olives in a diagonal, then a row of cheese, another row of olives, etc. for tasty animal stripes.)
*Pigs in blankets (hot dogs)
*French Flies (fries)
*Peanut Butter and Jellyphant sandwiches (Cut these out with an elephant cookie cutter)
*Toad-slaw (coleslaw)
*Crocodile eye balls and guts (yes, I know this sounds gross, but the kids love this spaghetti with meatballs.)

*Monkey Meal (Peel a banana and put it in a hot dog roll…. Then spread peanut butter and maybe a bit of honey and you'll be amazed at how tasty the monkey sandwich is!)
*Snake dogs (Make multiple diagonal cuts into each hot dogs, not quite all the way through, and fill the slits with ketchup, mustard and relish. The kids love eating these "snakes".)

Safari Theme Party Drinks:

*Alligator-ade (green Gatorade!!)
*Swamp Juice - Kids will be mystified when they witness your power to turn ordinary green Gatorade into a steamy swamp! Start with green punch and after you've placed a filled glass in front of each kid, add a few Pop Rocks candies to each one. Since this candy is processed with carbon dioxide, it will crackle, pop, and split when it comes into contact with the green punch. AWESOME!

Tip: Make frozen ice cubes with raisins in them so it looks like flies are floating in their safari juices. Kids just love this!

Safari Theme Party Treats:

*Unshelled peanuts
*Gummy worms
*Animal crackers
*Animal fruit snacks
*Any kind of animal-shaped foods
*Fire Ants (plain or chocolate covered raisins)

*Bugs on a Log: Take a celery stick, smother with peanut butter, and add little ants (raisins). Another variation is to dip a pretzel rod halfway into peanut butter and roll in chocolate chips.

This is a fun activity for little children and a treat that can be instantly consumed. And, it's even HEALTHY!

*Worms in Dirt: crumbled Oreo cookies topped with gummy snakes.

*Cheese Bugs: Slice cubes of cheese and add thin, curling snacks (like the type seen in the photo).

Bugs on a Log and Worms in Dirt
Bugs on a Log & Worms in Dirt

Cheese Bugs
Cheese Bugs

Tip: you can serve many of these things in pith helmets.

rkansawangel_29
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:57 PM

here is the website i got those things from that has some more really nead ideas.

http://www.coolest-kid-birthday-parties.com/safari-theme-party.html

Hope this helps.

if you use any let me know how the kids liked it, this is something i might use the next party i throw.

armywife1111
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:01 PM

those are some great ideas! thanks

armywife1111
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Quoting rkansawangel_29:

here is the website i got those things from that has some more really nead ideas.

http://www.coolest-kid-birthday-parties.com/safari-theme-party.html

Hope this helps.

if you use any let me know how the kids liked it, this is something i might use the next party i throw.

Oh I will! I am very excited about it now!

rkansawangel_29
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:04 PM

at the bottom of that website is some others who have had jungle theme parties read angelas she had some really neat things and some were very reasonable.

ErikaM27
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:11 PM

animal crackers

armywife1111
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Quoting rkansawangel_29:

at the bottom of that website is some others who have had jungle theme parties read angelas she had some really neat things and some were very reasonable.

the site gave me so many ideas!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)