Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth Control

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:38 PM
  • 14 Replies

I would like to know what method of birth control you ladies use.  What are the risks associated with it and what are the benefits.  I took the "pill" for a short time but haven't used anything since.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sooga_booga
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Good Ol Vasectomy... For 20 years now...  Wouldn't change it for the world  =)

cjsmom0206
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:40 PM

I use the paraguard iud. It's the right choice for me. Non-hormonal, good for 10 years and you don't have to remember to take anything, etc. Downside, heavier periods and my period lasts a little bit longer, small price to pay for me.

necro1134
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:41 PM

condoms...i physically cant use anything with hormone involved..i was thinking about the copper IUD though...oh and i hate condoms but dont want another baby yet so i'll deal lol

michelle6_10
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:43 PM

I'm in the exact same boat as you (not unable to use hormonal, but the rest of it).

Quoting necro1134:

condoms...i physically cant use anything with hormone involved..i was thinking about the copper IUD though...oh and i hate condoms but dont want another baby yet so i'll deal lol

michelle6_10
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:43 PM

We want more kids:)- just not now!

Quoting sooga_booga:

Good Ol Vasectomy... For 20 years now...  Wouldn't change it for the world  =)

davidnjonsmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:45 PM

I'm on the pill.

jennymitchell
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:46 PM

We use a combination of Natural Family Planning (the rythm method) and condoms when I'm nearing ovulation, just in case.

pinkguitar87
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:47 PM

I have Mirena (IUD) and I absolutely LOVE it... I have lighter periods and they are even shorter and I have only had it in since Oct 31st... My dr also said that after a year in your periods might go away... I think it is a 85% chance of that... And the best part is... I DO NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT TAKING A PILL EVERYDAY!!! So I hoped that helped...

luvmylittleboys
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:48 PM

I used the Mirena.  I LOVED IT!!!!  I had it for 5 years, and then had it removed.  My hubby and I decided to have another baby, and we got pregnant 7 months after the Mirena was removed.  I had zero complications with the Mirena, and my period stopped after 7 or 8 months after insertion.  So how fabulous is that.....5 years of birth control and NO PERIODS....Fabulous!!

cowboygal
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Vasectomy.  Three years and not regretting a min.

This signature is very tall. Try to keep it shorter than this green section.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)