Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

$2500 vacuume?!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:49 PM
  • 21 Replies

So my friend signed me up to have these salespeople come over and pitch the Rainbow cleaning system (vacuume, ari purifier, humidifier, vaporizer, aromatizer , mop etc all in one) if you listened you got a free 2 night 3 day hotel voucher. Well the thing was so cool that I ended up buying it! lol I am still in shock that I bought it but the ammount of dirt that it pulled out of mty floors that i had just CLEANED with my old vacuume shocked me and my kids crawl on those floors! anyway, jsut wanted to see if anyone else has one and how they like it?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JennyTmouh21
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:51 PM

LOL! I wanted to get it when they came out, but there was just NO WAY for me to come up with that much money for a vacuum cleaner. I still haven't used my vacation voucher yet... We're going to go to L.A. this summer and use it then. I'm excited!

armyvetmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:52 PM

oh yeah i hear ya.  we just bought a kirby for $2300 from a door salesmen (that's the only place you can buy a real one, i don't know if they gave you the speil about how it's kind of illegal from people to sell them over ebay and stuff) and it is simply AMAZING!  i saw on the vacuum box when i went to trade it in it said it only picks up 10% of dirt off the top layer of the floor.  the kirby picks up 99.7% and it really showed in the tests we did!  we've only lived here 6 months and this house was built less than a year ago and the amount of filth was DISGUSTING!  the kirby was worth every single dollar.

I am a U.S Army Combat Veteran of OIF

SherBear1121
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:52 PM

I feel your pain. It happened a couple years ago, but ours was the Kirby guy. He was pulling lots of dirt out of the just cleaned floors and it was gross. That thing sucks good too. Best vacuum ever. at $2000 dollars it better be good.

You don't win a war by dying for your country. You win a war by making the other son-of-a-bitch die for his.patriotic

jackie8380
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:53 PM

my in laws have it and it is the awsomest thing I have ever seen.  We can't afford one right now but we want one.  I was so grossed out seeing all that black water!!! EWWWW!  I'm sure you will love it as much as my inlaws do.  Lucky for me my MIL lets me borrow it!

Ask me how you can eat gourmet meals on fast food budget! 

eating

armyvetmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:54 PM

yep!  plus we're painting our house and it has an attachment you can use to apply house paint hehe.

Quoting SherBear1121:

I feel your pain. It happened a couple years ago, but ours was the Kirby guy. He was pulling lots of dirt out of the just cleaned floors and it was gross. That thing sucks good too. Best vacuum ever. at $2000 dollars it better be good.

I am a U.S Army Combat Veteran of OIF

Amber01sw
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:54 PM

My mom has had one for about 7 years and she loves it.

momto3girls0620
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:55 PM

same thing happened to us..but it is an awesome vaccuum

Quoting SherBear1121:

mommabear06

i agree! I have wood floors and the rainbow sucked the fdirt from between the cracks of the wood floors!!! I was inlove. lol its not too bad bc they do a credit app anf you can finace it. And its a air purifier and does about 15 different things not just a cacuume but I totally didnt plan on buying it! I needed a vacation! lol

Quoting SherBear1121:

eseekings

My dh used to sell those, we never bought one they were too expensive, but every weekend he brought one home for me to use. It was awesome,

Missi_Me530
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:56 PM

My grandmother has had her rainbow for like 30 years and it is awesome!!  We have a Kirby and I love it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)