Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To Ladies with Color Treated hair

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:02 PM
  • 5 Replies

Have any of you used Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner? Did it fade your color and how did it make your hair feel? Also, I have naturally curly hair so if any of you have that also, did it weigh your curls down?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
complextrina
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:14 PM

I dont know about that brand, but I do know from personal experience that Tea Tree Oil will take some of your haircolor out. My son had lice a few months ago and I was scared Id get it so I rubbed some TTO in my hair, and when I rinsed it out, the water was pinkish-brown (I had dyed it burgundy one month before, so I know it wasnt excess dye) I'd say if you're set on using it, try it in a little area and see.

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 2:43 PM

wave

Hi BraydensMommy4

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

All about hair and make-up

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

21noahsmama21
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 2:48 PM

It might weigh your hair down a bit.  I use Nioxin for color treated hair and it works great.  Spendy, but it leaves my hair feeling light, color stays, and not greasy.  It works best if you use a hair dryer, and you have to make sure to rinse it all out.  I don't know too much about that brand, but there is also hemps all natural for color treated hair and it works well too.  My friend's a hair stylist, so I get all my tips from her. 

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 2:50 PM

anything with tea tree oil seems to weigh my hair down... I like to use Pureology or Loma... 

motherhood-quote21

Stefanie - Mommy to Liam Patrick 07/07 (IUGR) and Molly Kate 06/08 (IUGR, Pre-Natal Stroke, Developmental Delays, and Failure to Thrive) and Wife to Mark since 2/17/2006

Aislinn
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 2:52 PM

The absolute best shampoo/conditioner I have found for color treated hair is by Pureology and it is their "Hydrate" line. best stuff, ever! A little on the pricey side, though, but it last four times longer than regular shampoo and conditioner because you need a quarter of the amount to do the job. Sorry, I have never used the stuff you are talking about, so I cannot answer your question! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)