• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

14yo impersonates cop!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:11 PM
  • 6 Replies

I heard this on the news a little bit ago!  How does a kid get away with this?? doesnt make me feel very safe

Chicago, IL.  -- 

A 14-year-old boy was charged with false impersonation of a police officer after entering a South Side police station in full uniform Saturday and “reporting for duty.”

The teen, who has been charged as a juvenile, entered the Grand Crossing District police station, 7040 S. Cottage Grove Ave. dressed in regulation uniform and “claimed to be a police officer reporting for duty,” police spokeswoman Monique Bond said.

The teen was with another police officer for some time about five hours, but at no time was behind the wheel of a squad car, Bond said.

A Grand Crossing District sergeant later questioned the boy and learned that he was not a police officer.

The teen is a “police explorer and has familiarity with the police,” Bond said. The Police Explorer program is part of CAPS and gives young people ages 12-17  “first-hand experience interacting with the community and the police department,” according to the City of Chicago website.

The boy was not armed and the situation is being probed with Internal Affairs, Bond said

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
shebearncub
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Good thing nobody gave that kid a gun........sheesh.....how scary.

Cherish77
by Cherish on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Doesn't say much for the PD if they can't tell that a 14 year is not a cop.

Quoting shebearncub:

sheen_21
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:19 PM

i know its crazy! how could he make it 5 hours without someone noticing he didnt belong!

Quoting Cherish77:

Doesn't say much for the PD if they can't tell that a 14 year is not a cop.

Quoting shebearncub:

thisloveofmine
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:22 PM

wow

I am a 21 year old Atheist, Obama supporting, non-smokin, pro-LIFE, circumsizing, breastfeeding, anti-vaxin, anti CIO, MaryJane supportin, rock-n-roll mama to a very spoiled baby boy and damn proud of it!

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Hi sheen_21,

In addition to posting a link to that article here, we recommend that you submit it to the CafeMom Hot List. The Hot List is like a front page of news designed just for moms!

The Hot List lets you decide what are the most important, interesting or funny things from around the internet. Whether it's news, gossip, a product recall, or even a cartoon, you can share it, and let other moms decide what's interesting!

You can check it out by clicking the arrow beside the 'Share' tab at the top of the site and selecting 'Hot List' from the drop-down menu. You can also click here to get started.

\The CafeMom Admin Team

Lauriemom
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 3:01 PM

Considering that he never got behind the wheel of the car, and was not issued a gun, I find this VERY FUNNY!!  ROFL, how does NO ONE NOTICE for 5 hours that this is a kid, not a cop

LOL!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)