Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you copyrighted your poems, stories etc (please bump)

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:22 PM
  • 15 Replies

Ok I post this question yesterday

Do you know of a cheap, no cost or low cost way to copyright poetry, I love to write poetry, but you have so many people that loves to steal them , so I will like to know what will be the cheapest way to go to get my poems copyrighted, besides I write them very quickly, and cold have a 50 page book in no time, but I will publish my own book , just need help with copyriht

Please bump this for me

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
about2beamommy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:25 PM

sowwie i dont have answer for u but i write alot as well and have the same problem so if u find out plz let me know thanx

Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:26 PM

I'd like to know too

Sakinsglow
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:30 PM

thanks please bump

Sakinsglow
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:31 PM

thanks please bump

Quoting about2beamommy:

sowwie i dont have answer for u but i write alot as well and have the same problem so if u find out plz let me know thanx

outerbanxmom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:33 PM

I've always heard to put it all in a CD or just print it out and mail it to yourself.  When it arrives, NEVER OPEN IT!!  I guess it's proof that you wrote it before the postmark, so if anyone does try to use it, you can prove it was yours first.

AWannaBeMommy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:47 PM

You can wright it and sign and date it and mail it to yourself, and never open it. The postmark will be your date, you must keep it sealed. Its even better to get it notarized and then mail it to yourself.

Sakinsglow
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:57 PM

wow I never thought of notary, what will that do?

Quoting AWannaBeMommy:

You can wright it and sign and date it and mail it to yourself, and never open it. The postmark will be your date, you must keep it sealed. Its even better to get it notarized and then mail it to yourself.

Night_Roane
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Most people don't know this but ANYTHING posted on the internet is COPYWRITED! It's illegal to take stories, articles, even pictures that someone else has posted online. There's a site to make free websites if you want to post there. It'll even say at the bottom of the page that it's (c).

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
AWannaBeMommy
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 12:03 AM

It is just witness of when you wrote/mailed the item, just extra insurance. And a notary will have a log of it so there will be an additional dated record. 

Quoting Sakinsglow:

wow I never thought of notary, what will that do?

Quoting AWannaBeMommy:

Night_Roane
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 12:03 AM

There's also a site called poetry.com that will automatically put a copywrite on anything you submit to them, copywrited to you. Just don't buy any of their "We want to put you in a book!" crap. That's just a way to sucker money out of you. But it's a totally legitimate way to (c) your poems.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)