Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby bath seats

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:29 PM
  • 17 Replies

The only one I can find online is this one:

And I need one without an arm attached to it because we have a jacuzzi tub and it's huge! But my 10 month old won't sit still in the bath tub and he's always slipping and sliding and now I'm afraid he's going to get hurt...even with me right there next to him!

So, does anyone know of a different bath seat similar to this? Or have any other suggestions?

Oh, and he's too big for his baby bath tub. It was the Fisher Price Aquarium Tub.

Thank you!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melissa089
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:32 PM

i hope someone replies i want to get one of these too.... my girls splash all the water out of their tub.... then theres no water to bathe them or to let them play. and when they drop their ducky on the side they try to bend over to get it.

wildearthchild
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:32 PM

Aquababy bath ring rated #1 for safety.

brandi2781
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:33 PM

I got mine from walmart and it didnt have the arm on it, I dont remember how much it was though, that has been 5 years ago.

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:35 PM

I bought one on E-bay. It's very plain, but it works. It just suction cups to the bottom of the tub.

Here's a link for a current auction on the same one I have.

maddys_mommy_ny

I didn't use it, but I have heard that the bumbo, baby seat is great for the bath.

I wound this pic on their web site.

MommySteph06
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:35 PM

I'm going to Google that! Thank you! I hope I can find it somewhere locally...thanks again!

Quoting wildearthchild:

Aquababy bath ring rated #1 for safety.

ConnersMom03
Sorry, mine is the one that you pictured. I really suggest a bath seat, though. I had my son in one maybe from like 6 mos till about 14 mos, don't really remember exactly, but I did get good use from it! It kept him from falling over and in an upright position so he could play.

preview image

graciejoe
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:36 PM

I always give my kids baths in the kitchen sink until I'm not worried about them falling over in the tub.

MommySteph06
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:38 PM

I thought about that too...but I didn't know how safe it would be since it wasn't meant for the bath.

Quoting maddys_mommy_ny:

I didn't use it, but I have heard that the bumbo, baby seat is great for the bath.

I wound this pic on their web site.

HopeMamma
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:38 PM

I found mine at walmart I think it was like 8.99 and it has suction cups on the bottom to keep it in place. I would not use the bumbo because it does not have the suction cups and can tip over very easy in the slippery tub. You don't want to risk the baby bumping its head or drowning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)