Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SEW?????

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:39 PM
  • 6 Replies

okay..so I have had this sewing machine for years!!  have done my fair share of sewing...but tonight....while tying to sew some simple cotton....my thread is all messed.  its like on the underneath it looks all tangled and like there are big loops of loose thread    ???    what is wrong???   anyone know???

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
singlemama20
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:41 PM

I've been sewing since I could manage a needle but I have no idea.... sometimes my machine just jams and you have to pull it all out and start over....

It sucks

I am a Satanist, vaccinating, formula feeding, disposable diapering, cosleeping, elective csection having, college attending,  living with my boyfriend, thinking about converting back to Christianity..... WAIT FOR IT.....  Mommy to a precious little girl named Kailee Virginia Dawn born 9/16/08 weighing 8 pounds 7 ounces and 21 inches long and raising my teenage sister as well... Is any of this something you have a problem with??? Unfortunately I don't think I care...

I'm outspoken, opinionated, and determined. I want what I want and there is nothing wrong with that. So try to stomp on me, try to douse my inner flame, try to squash every ounce of beauty I hold within me but you won;t succeed!!! And if that makes me a BITCH so be it.... I embrace the title and am proud to bear it

HopeMamma
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:42 PM

I sew all the time and make clothes and baby blankets. The bobbin is in wrong or the machine is threaded wrong take a minute and look over it. If it is from the bottom it is usually one of those things. If not check the thread tension. Make sure you keep your machine clean where the bobbin is and oiled to.

Mrs.Grasshopper
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:44 PM

I have had that happen to me before to i think i just undid what i sewed and redone it. Good Luck What ru sewing?

good luck

Pnukey
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Quoting HopeMamma:

I sew all the time and make clothes and baby blankets. The bobbin is in wrong or the machine is threaded wrong take a minute and look over it. If it is from the bottom it is usually one of those things. If not check the thread tension. Make sure you keep your machine clean where the bobbin is and oiled to.

My bet is on thread tension. I have trouble with this all the time.

carlye828
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:47 PM

More than likely, you need to clean it.  Open the part where you put in the bottom thread ( the bobbin ) & take the bobbin out.  Pay close attention to how the assembly looks, or take a pic of it if you have a digital camera.  Take it apart & give everything in there a good dusting with a brush.  It is made to take out very easily, to clean.  That is most often why my machine does that.  If that doesn't work, we'll try something else. 

RendevouzDreams
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:47 PM

Your machine is probaly threaded wrong..And check the tention on the machine and the bobin

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)