Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:25 AM
  • 7 Replies

THIS IS GONNA SOUND TERRIBLE..AND I KNOW I'LL PROBABLY GET BASHED..BUT I NEED TO VENT..BEFORE I SCREAM!!! TWO OUT OF THREE OF MY KIDS HAVE BEEN SICK FOR THE PAST FEW DAYS WITH FEVERS..I'VE BEEN GIVING THEM MEDICINE AND PUTTING COLD TOWELS ON THEIR BODIES AND HAVE EVEN GIVEN THEM COOL BATHS..BUT NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK!! I TOOK THE OLDER ONE INTO THE ER SATURDAY..ALL TO BE TOLD THAT IT'S JUST A FLU LIKE VIRUS AND THAT WHAT I'M DOING IS FINE..SO..AS YOU COULD IMAGINE..THEY AREN'T COMFORTABLE..BUT..THEY ARE CONSTANTLY WHINING OVER NOTHING..I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY LONGER!! I FEEL BAD WHEN I TELL THEM TO GIVE ME A MINUTE..BUT WHEN THEY ARE ON MY LAP 24/7 IT GETS KINDA FRUSTRATING!! WHERE IS DAD YOU ASK? HE'S DEPLOYED..SO I'M DOING THIS PRETTY MUCH ALL ON MY OWN!! TO THOSE OF YOU SINGLE MOTHERS OF MORE THAN ONE CHILD..I ENVY YOU!! Y'ALL ARE SOME STRONG WOMEN..((SO IS EVERYONE ELSE..SO DON'T GET MAD!! LOL))

OK..THANKS FOR LETTING ME GET THAT OUT!!! WHEW..FEEL MUCH BETTER!!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
brismommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:28 AM

ahh hang in there mama!  i hope your little ones feel better soon and you get your much needed relaxation time

mygirlKyra
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:29 AM

deep breaths momma! Sorry your kiddos are sick.  It sucks when its a virus and you can't do anything really to help them!

Aislinn
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:30 AM

Hang in there, Mama! It will be over soon. (((hugs)))

braesmommy06
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:31 AM

Hang in there momma....Anyone that can come give you like a hr break so you can nap or shower or anything without the babies??

MommaRose98
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Sometimes you just need to vent. Hope your babies get to feeling better soon. If they still have a fever it is best to alternate children's motrin and tylenol. My girls doc said it would help keep the fever down. Hope this helps.

Se7enTh1rt3en
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:33 AM

My kids are both now finally getting over that bug...mine are 1.5 and almost 3yo, btw, so it's been really rough on me.  Daddy's out working 10-12 hours a day, and when he comes home, he does what he can to help...but there's really not much he can help with when all the kid want is MOMMY!

Hang in there, momma - it'll be over soon.  Wishing you the best!hugs

txbigmama19
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:43 AM

THANK YOU LADIES!!

MY SISTER WAS HERE EARLIER AND I DID SHOWER FOR A BIT..BUT NOT AS LONG AS I WOULD HAVE LIKED..ANOTHER PLUS WAS THAT THEY ALL FELL ASLEEP..BUT IT DIDN'T LAST LONG..

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO ALTERNATE BETWEEN MOTRIN AND TYLENOL..AND THAT STILL ISN'T WORKING!! I'M AT WITS END..I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)