Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband is an idiot

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:50 AM
  • 10 Replies

My husband wanted to buy a laptop from walmart for $300 and i told him he didnt need it since we already had one.  Well he begged and pledded so i gave in.  Well just to let you all know we got out taxes back already and got more than we expected. well instead of spending $300 he spent $550.00 on a laptop and accessories.  Let me just say omg!!!!!!!!!!!! i was ready to kill him..  Its not that we didnt have the money for it because he used the tax money to get it. But it is not the point.  We didnt need it.  I am trying to save as much as possible toso we get everything we need and have money left over for if we need it.  Like for the kids if they get sick or the car breaks down or we are short on our checks since we live paycheck to paycheck.. I cant believe he did it and didnt even tell me howmuch he spent till he got home and brought it in.  Thanks for the vent.  I am done now.  Wait a min.... he is a freaken idiotic moron.  ok know i am done.  lol

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RyansMommie07
by Jessica Lynne on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:52 AM

our hubbys must be realted... lol. btw, love ur siggy!

MissAndrea125
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:53 AM

OHHH!!! You sound just like me and my DH!!! We get any extra money, he's like "Oh good now I can get such and such..." I'm like "NOOO!!! We need it for this and that!!" UGH. I feel ya sister.

lilmomma4
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:56 AM

I can understand,mama.My bf right before Christmas bought a 650.00 digital tv. Well, we can't even watch it without it cutting out and we have to get cable to fix that problem. Now, he had his sister put the money upfront for it and now he pays for it out of his work checks and complains that he owes so much money on his credit cards and blah,blah,blah.I'm not working...we so did not need a tv, just one of those converter thingys which is cheaper than the tv. He is doing a lot of other idiotic things too. Men.. 

squidlife4me
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:01 AM

dh and I have been living in seperate states for a few months and we share a checking account.. well hes all about giving me a budget and when I go over by 10 cents I get reamed... well he thought he was deploying so now I HAVE the checkbook. He too has a spending limit.. his is 150 a paycheck...  this was HIS idea.. this paycheck he spent... ready...

717.00!!!   And you know what he asked me how much I spent.. I went over by 100 bucks.. mine is 250 for 2 weeks with me and 3 kids...  but I ran out of formula so I had to buy more which is where the 100 bucks went (we have twins).. he started to lecture me.. then I told him wait wait wait.. do you KNOW how much you spent..he had NO idea!!  When I told him he was like WOW! He never even thought twice.. got the urge and had the card so swipe swipe swipe it went.

zantonysmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:02 AM

MINE TOO!!!! It's all about his truck, nevermind that my toyota needs  a FREAKING HEADLIGHT, no his truck MIGHT run better if he gets a distributor cap. THE TRUCK RUNS FINE, I'm driving his sister's car because mine's NOT STREET LEGAL! Good Grief...lol, sorry, had to vent a little 

Sweet_Carol_126
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:10 AM

So what is new?  They all are at times.  Mine went to podiatrist and while there ordered some shoes.  They have arch supports, etc, but they are New Balance and they were almost $100.  He had tennis shoes.  He could have gone to Foot Locker and got New Balance for waht?  $65 maybe.  He didn't even go looking to check prices, he just got them. 

Now just a few weeks ago he overdrew his account by over $1000 (he had transferred one payment going in to another bank account where he has a bit of money).  Well, I had to give him the money to deposit and the fees were $375.  They said they would give ius $150 back of it. So then he goes out and buys these shoes for $100.  He hasn't paid me back the $1000 yet.  He offered to but he would have been tight at the other bank.  He will pay me next month.  But then he spends money like this and other things he doens't need. 

Irritated me.  Evidently as a diabetic I can go and get shoes and Medicare will pay for one pair a year.  That is good.  But won't be costing me.  It did cost him.  Had he told me first, I might have found a way to see if insurance would pay for them if he needed them. 

When it comes to stuff they want, they have little sense.  Yet there are things I get and he doesn't complain much and he buys thngs for me. But sometimes he spends the smae money twice or more.  He has no sense of money.  He keeps wanting to take out money from a thrift savings acccount he has and he doesn't have that much there and I want him to keep it so he can leave it to me or to his sons.  If I hadn't stopped him, it would be gone. 

I fight that fight too.  Fortunately we both have some retirement income, but we can't just go out and earn more - our income is fixed.

Good luck to you.  Sometimes is like having another kid only you can't spank them or sit them in a corner as  you'd like.

IloveHayden08
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:16 AM

our husbands must all be related!!!  Oh and I would say take back everything and get your money back from wal mart

Quoting MissAndrea125:

OHHH!!! You sound just like me and my DH!!! We get any extra money, he's like "Oh good now I can get such and such..." I'm like "NOOO!!! We need it for this and that!!" UGH. I feel ya sister.

3timesoccermom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:16 AM

Maybe he didn't feel he had enough access to the other computer.  I know CM has me on here a lot - too much! 

mran23
by Member on Jan. 29, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Quoting 3timesoccermom:

Maybe he didn't feel he had enough access to the other computer.  I know CM has me on here a lot - too much! 

i work nights and he works second so i am on while he is at work.  he said it was for a backup because you never know i was like wth

meagainstthem
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 2:17 PM

My husband is a bigger idiot then yours.  Okay he has been whining about wanting another car.  Let me first tell you he loves fixing up old cars and never seems to get rid of cars just accumulates them.  He has a 74 porsche, a 68 torino, a 93 mercury cougar, some 50 something Studebaker, 68 thunder-bird, and some rooster car he put together with a bunch of spare parts he had  already.  I have one car, a mustang.  I've been telling him to get rid of two or three and buy this dream car he's been wanting but he won't.  Well I let him take from the savings and then he took a loan for the rest from his retirement savings.  That bonehead used our credit card to pay his sales tax instead of using his retirement loan.  It was almost $500 and I had just one more payment before I had the credit card paid off.  Now the bonehead thinks I'm going to give him another $500 for seats for that Studebaker.  If he doesn't watch it I'm going to take a baseball bat to it all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)