Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

something wrong with my daughters hand...? help

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:46 AM
  • 4 Replies

her left hand is constantly a purpelish color and much colder than the other one. its also puffyer. its been like this for as long as i remember but im judt noticing how bad it is just recently. im making a doctors appt tommorow but i thought id just get on here and ask anyways. never hurts to ask.

just so you know i checked for hairs around her wrists and everything becuase i heard that can sometimes cause this, but this has been going on way to long for that to be the case anyways...when  she gets cold it will turn like light blue and her other hand dosent do that!

whats wrong with my baby? =(

i appreciate any input. you gals are great.<3

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Jennifer508
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:52 AM

Does she keep her hand in a closed fist? My oldest son used to do that and his ped told me it was because he would keep it in a fist. If you push on her hand does it blanch? Meaning does her color come back right away? Do you leave an indentation on her skin? Could it be the way she was laying on it? I know I didn't help much but tried to.

brandilynn4107
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:55 AM

my son did this too.. hes not doing it so much anymore. its funny that you checked for hairs.. my son gets those around his fingers all the time from pullin on my hair! but heres a bump for you!

Quoting Jennifer508:

Does she keep her hand in a closed fist? My oldest son used to do that and his ped told me it was because he would keep it in a fist. If you push on her hand does it blanch? Meaning does her color come back right away? Do you leave an indentation on her skin? Could it be the way she was laying on it? I know I didn't help much but tried to.

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:20 AM

wave

Hi
irickcuzimbre,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Children's Health Issues

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

vampgrl
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:42 AM

has your baby had this since birth my fiances aunt has a hand that is purplish and puffy and its a birthmark i dont know if that helps but good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)